 CAD / Development / 4353
Re: Some Words To BFC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 19:34:10 GMT

koen <koen.jordens@student.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote in message
news:FsK5CI.BxG@lugnet.com...
I've got a little question. Why are you working so hard on BFC.
The rendering in Ldraw, L3lab, MLcad,.... is already very fast.
Is the speed improvement gained with BFC supposed to provide the extra • time,
so you can turn an model in realtime, with a rendering quality equal to
pov-ray?

"Fast" is a relative term.  For very large models, Datsville for example, it
takes long enough to render that even a 30% increase in speed makes a
significant difference.  And like you mentioned, turning a model in realtime
requires every bit of time savings.  Plus I think the fact that rendering
engines end up drawing lots of unseen faces just ticks people off :)

-John Van