 CAD / Development / 4381
Re: Are anybody working on the Star Wars Battle Droid arms?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 16:40:06 GMT

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Marc Klein wrote:

Are anybody currently working on the Star Wars Battle Droid arms?

Have a look here http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=958

After looking at this part, I can make the assumption that it was made with a
cad modeller and then converted by stl2dat ! wasn't it ?

I would like to recommend you and every body else which will use this type of
lego part building (CAD -> convert program(ex:stl2dat)), to be very carefull
with the tesselation parameters, since this peace shows am "uneven"
tesselation (you have big and very small polys together), and this is usually
configurable in the tesselation options.
Try to produce a more regular tesselation and the end results will be better.

Almost forgetting, Nice work !

See ya

Rui Martins