 CAD / Development / 118
Re: Non-TLG Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 13:51:57 GMT

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999 04:27:53 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman)
wrote:

lugnet.cad.dat doesn't specifically say that the .DAT files have to be for
true LEGO-brand elements and/or models, but I think there are other places
on the net more appropriate to post or publish non-LEGO-brand-based
creations.

Just my opinion.  (Probably also the 90% majority opinion, however, from the
sound of things, so the charter for lugnet.cad.dat could or possibly should
be updated, since it's probably an unspoken expectation that the group only
be used for data based on real LEGO products and not on clone products.)

I thought the expectation (and specification) was that the newsserver
lugnet.com was to be used for LEGO-oriented discussion and
communication.  The *.off-topic hierarchy is just there because we
occasionally get off-track.

Steve