 CAD / Development / 115
Re: Non-TLG Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 03:58:55 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
Call me a brand-purist, I guess.  Maybe it comes from playing with LEGO for
over 30 years and always enjoying it.  (And playing with off-brands every
once in a while and very seldom enjoying it.)

I'll admit, I'm something of a Lego fanatic myself.  However, I have had
some very good experiences building with Tente and Construx.  I wish now
that I had never gotten rid of my Tente pieces.  :-(

It wouldn't bother me if people talked about modelling non-LEGO-brand
entities so long as it furthered the cause of the phenomenon known as LDraw
and didn't get in the way of real LEGO discussions, but I'd be very pleased
never to see the .cad.dat group cluttered up with clone stuff.

Hmmm... I would suggest that a lugnet.cad.dat.clone group be created for
just this thing, except that in reality it would probably never be used due
to lack of parts.  :-,  I guess it's bridge to cross when / if we get there.

Cheers,
- jsproat

--
  _