 CAD / Development / 145
Re: Non-TLG Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 19:20:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, brandone@mounet.com (Earls HouseHold) writes:
Okay, I think I see the consensus on "home made" parts in LDraw.  How about
a slightly different twist?  One of the messages in build group mentioned he
used the loops off of broken 1 X 1 with side loops to get a female to female
connection.  Would it be acceptable to model this part in LDraw?  Consider,
he did not make the part.  It could be considered a defective part
originally since it broke due to bad design on TLG's part ( I'm not trying
to be negative here just describe as best I can ) and as such a original TLG
part.  Sorry if this seems to be trivial, but I do like to look at things
all angles even if it does mean hanging from the ceiling.

I feel a sudden urge coming on to take a batch of 1x10 plates to the belt
sander and make 1x10 tiles.  Then I'll shave off the stud on a classic
smiley and have a realistic Jean-Luc Picard head.  He'll need to sit in a
comfy reclining chair, so I'll need to bend the back of a 2x2-base minifig
chair 20 degrees.  Oops, I bent it too far and it snapped.  Hey, I just made
a new kind of 2x2 plate.  :I

--Todd