 CAD / Development / 146
Re: Non-TLG Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 18:35:00 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote in message ...

I feel a sudden urge coming on to take a batch of 1x10 plates to the belt
sander and make 1x10 tiles.  Then I'll shave off the stud on a classic
smiley and have a realistic Jean-Luc Picard head.  He'll need to sit in a
comfy reclining chair, so I'll need to bend the back of a 2x2-base minifig
chair 20 degrees.  Oops, I bent it too far and it snapped.  Hey, I just • made
a new kind of 2x2 plate.  :I

--Todd

Okay, Todd, point taken.  Push the envelope too hard and its bound to burst
;-}.  Don't you think milling the studs to .01" and microgrinding the excess
would work better?  Oh, and apply some toulene to 90 degree angle on that
chair and it should soften the ABS enough to bend without breaking ....
woops....(ducking behind his desk as Todd throws his his keyboard ) ....
Okay, okay, I'll shut up.

Roy