 CAD / *33925 (-100)
  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) I don't see an issue. Thanks for the nomination! -Tim (21 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) I, Orion Pobursky, second this nominatation (21 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) I, Orion Pobursky, second this nominatation (21 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) I, Orion Pobursky, second this nomination (21 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) I, Franklin W. Cain, second this nomination. (21 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Annoying Reflections

(...) No problem (...) Too late, check your Email (21 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) I, Tim Courtney, nominate Larry Pieniazek. -Tim (21 years ago, 29-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) I, Larry Pieniazek, second this nomination. (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) I, Larry Pieniazek, second this nomination. (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) I, Larry Pieniazek, second this nomination. (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Annoying Reflections

(...) That explains a lot. Thanks. I tried Todd's normals suggestion and it worked pretty well. I needed some texture anyway. (snip) Miguel also sent me the latest file (I see he's posted it as well) so perhaps on Monday or Tuesday I can finish up (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

Not sure if it was intended for individuals to nominate a bunch of people, but I don't think it said not to. I used a separate message for each to avoid any possible confusion in replies. --Travis Cobbs (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) I, Travis Cobbs, nominate Don Heyse. --Travis Cobbs (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) I, Travis Cobbs, nominate Lars C. Hassing. --Travis Cobbs (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) I, Travis Cobbs, nominate Ahui Herrera. --Travis Cobbs (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) I, Travis Cobbs, nominate Chris Dee. --Travis Cobbs (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) I, Travis Cobbs, nominate Orion Pobursky. --Travis Cobbs (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) I, Travis Cobbs, nominate Tim Courtney. --Travis Cobbs (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

(...) I, Travis Cobbs, nominate Steve Bliss. --Travis Cobbs (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) I agree (although I did point something out in a response to Orion's response). Unix (and Unix-like) environments do often use the environment to control things, but they also use dot files. And while it wouldn't make sense to have an (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Well, the ldraw directory itself can be specified in ldraw.ini. And while I agree that filling up the Windows directory is generally a bad thing, you can't have the file be in the LDraw directory if it is the file that specifies where to find (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw Minifig "Machinima" POVray include file

Latest version. (URL) multi-minifig support. I've also added the POVray feile (& the original Ldraw ones too) that render the video below. (URL) .inc file itself includes intructions. The main_secene file (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Animation using Datsville

All the recent animation work has prompted me to start my Drive Through Datsville project. Here's a sample I whipped up this morning: (URL) (1.5MB) You need the DivX codec which can be found at (URL) if you don't have it (click on the Standard DivX (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation)

  Re: New unofficial part: Brick 1 x 1 with Studs on Two Sides (47905)  [DAT]

(...) All right, here it is. I'll send a copy to parts@ldraw.org. Thanks, Sven 0 Brick 1 x 1 with Studs on Two Sides 0 Name: 47905.DAT 0 Author: Sven Moritz Hein <sm.heinonline@freenet.de> 0 Unofficial Element 0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom" 0 (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: New unofficial part: Brick 1 x 1 with Studs on Two Sides (47905)

(...) Can you please show me,where the cylinders are missing? I can't find them (I copied the hollow studs from 4733.dat) Thanks, Sven (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee

Per the newly adopted LDraw.org Bylaws, Subsection 6.03(a), I hereby call for the community to nominate individuals for the upcoming Steering Committee vote. Please post nominations in response to this message. Nominations will be only be recognized (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !!

  Re: Mac Brick CAD 2.1b1 New Release

(...) OK, that sounds fair. I believe it would be a good idea for MBC to report when a file (or files) are missing. A single list of all missing files would be much better than a dialog per file. As I found out, there does not appear to be any error (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Mac Brick CAD 2.1b1 New Release

Jim, Some great feedback, keep it comming. Rather than tackle uour suggestions, one by one, I've kept them and you will find many incorporated in future releases. There is a new release on the blocks - give me a few more days, this version has a (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) I agree. I like the ini file solution over the environmet varible (...) I agree that putting the ldraw.ini the LDRAW dir would make much more sense (why it wasn't in the first place is puzzling) but the problem is that the programs the use it (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Annoying Reflections

(...) Your problem is that the Radiosity include uses it's own color library (unless you'rs using Color Library option 0). There are 2 solutions, one easy and one tedious. The easy solution is to use Color Library option 0. This will have POV-Ray (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Animation of Mladen Pejic's models

Hello James, thank you very much for the detailed inormation. Yes.. i already checked that description page.. i think its very cool because it is nery nicely explained how to setup things. This could be definately an tutorial on ldraw.org because (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Annoying Reflections

(...) Thanks Todd. I never thought of using normals to diffuse reflections. Actually, some turbulence normals might look good on the brown, since it's supposed to be dirt. (...) Already using that. :( (...) I tried that with the last MLCAD scene but (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

I just start a new sub-thread to discuss two very important points where I thought over two nights now: The location of the ini file and environment variables! I would not recommend to go with both solutions, because its source for possible errors (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New unofficial part: Brick 1 x 1 with Studs on Two Sides (47905)

(...) Sven, Thanks for doing this. I think it should be rotated 90 degrees for consistency with 30414 (URL) and 4070 (URL). Once that is done, can you please send to parts@ldraw.org and I'll submit to the parts tracker. Thanks, Chris (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Annoying Reflections

(...) 2 options (apart from Todd's suggestion): 1. Turn the QUAL value to 1 (first uncommented line on any L3P-generated file) QUAL 2 simply(?) *adds reflections* to parts, while QUAL 3 adds reflections and Lego logos to their studs 2. Look in the (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Animation of Mladen Pejic's models

(...) Thanks! Ever since I saw LDraw and POV-Ray, I've wanted to make animations like this. It is nice everyone else is into it now too. Hard to say exactly how long it took. Well, it took 3 days of off and on trial and error trying to get alpha (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Annoying Reflections

(...) You might try setting normal bumps .25 scale .1 turbulence 0 or variations of that in the texture block. --Todd (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Annoying Reflections

Hello all, It's 12:32am right this minute, so this is going to be very short. My bedtime was a looong time ago. But the last thirty minutes have been well-spent: I've redesigned an MLCAD scene and it looks much, much better. Except for one thing. It (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: New unofficial part: Brick 1 x 1 with Studs on Two Sides (47905)

(...) There are two missing cylinders inside the hollow studs. (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

Hi! This looks great. How long did it take exaclty to render it using the grid and in what resolution did you render the images? Play well Carsten "James Reynolds" <james@magnusviri.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Htro3E.F6B@lugnet.com... (...) (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Animation of Mladen Pejic's models

And I have just made this movie at work to test distributive rendering with POV-Ray: MP4 (QuickTime 6 required--Windows users have this, right?) 6.7 MB (URL) versions and an explaination of how I made the animation are on this page: (URL) let me (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) I think you are being a bit unreasonable. The discussion is about a fundamental functionality of LDraw, which has impact on all programs. Agreement is important to ease the life of the end user: *one* place for setup. We try to accomodate (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: OFF files ?

(...) Try 3DWin, it supports OFF files: (URL) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

  OFF files ?

Has anyone ever made any OFF (object file format) files for LEGO pieces? They're basically big files with lists of vertices to draw when making a wireframe. See here for examples: (URL) there converters to make them from LDraw parts? I'm in a (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Question on using stl2dat.exe

Hi I have a question on using stl2dat.exe I have a stl file of my new train wheel that I would like to make into dat file. The conversion seems to work okay, but it's the wrong size size as my stl file has mm units. My question is this: Can I edit (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  New unofficial part: Brick 1 x 1 with Studs on Two Sides (47905)  [DAT]

Hello I've just created a LDRAW part file for the new SNOT brick used in the new Robo X-Pod-Set 4346: A 1 x 1 Brick with Studs on two sides. Here it is. (URL) (Bigger picture available here: (URL)) I think it is a very useful brick. Leg Godt Sven 0 (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Ratification Passes

(...) Thank *you*, Orion. (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Ldraw Minifig "Machinima" POVray include file

(...) Cool. I'm anxious to see it. I've built most of my MLCAD scene for it already - as soon as you release I'll put it to work and make 'em sweat. :) There's just one thing about this include file that is bad but indirectly very good: it makes my (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, FTX)

  Re: Ldraw Minifig "Machinima" POVray include file

(...) With the latest developments Miguel announced, I can say that if there's the right contest, my current film will be in it. History would work. Or storytelling. Or music. -Mike (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, FTX)

  Re: Ldraw Minifig "Machinima" POVray include file

(...) Well, I guess I need a user base first ... 8?) Actually, I'm developing this as fast as I can partly becasue I'm taking a two week vacation away from it all starting a week from today & partly because there is one user who has expressed (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Ldraw Minifig "Machinima" POVray include file

(...) (snip) I have been following this with some interest. Are we going to see some examples of this in the next animation film contest from your user base? (Stop motion is very cool but this may actually be cooler in the long run) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Ldraw Minifig "Machinima" POVray include file

That's very good! Could you show a transition bewteen the improved walking function and the running function? (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Ratification Passes

(...) Second that! I think the community owes Orion a vote of thanks for the work in getting the voting set up and tallied, and it owes itself a vote of thanks for the many constructive comments and feedback points. These helped make the bylaws (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org Bylaws Ratification Passes

(...) Thanks, Orion, for setting up the poll and tallying the votes. Also, thanks to everyone who participated in the drafting process and the public discussion process. More will follow once I've had the chance to circle up with the rest of the (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDraw.org Bylaws Ratification Passes

With a total of 52 votes of "yes" and 4 votes of "no", the LDraw.org bylaws are hereby ratified. The Ad-Hoc Organizing Committee will move towards the call for nominations. More information will be posted in the next couple days to LDraw.org and to (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce) !

  LDraw Design Pad (LDDP) 1.54 Released

LDDesignPad (LDDP) is a tool for editing and handling LDraw files in a very comfortable way. Download it here: (URL) are: -Fully customizable editor with syntax highlighting -Open multiple files at the same time -Unlimited Undo/Redo -Use/define (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce)

  Re: New L3P Tool: Batch Processor

Good news: there is now a Windows GUI. No more command-line! All you have to do is point and click, and if necessary fill in a few blanks. The program is pretty self-intuitive. If you find any problems (unlikely but possible) let me know. (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, FTX)

  Re: Mac Brick CAD 2.1b1 New Release

I played with MBC for the first time last weekend and I had to stop and do a dance of joy! Thank you, thank, thank you! The thought of having to buy Virtual PC again just to work with OS X, loading it and Windoze, and then working with MCAD in slow (...) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

Sorry to be a bit harsh now but whats going on here now is exactly what I ment with overkill in discussions. We discuss about a quite simple small usefull feature - but we also discuss how we can make things complicated and beeing a long process (...) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: anyone encoding these?

(...) Scratch one of them off the list... (URL) I had started 30603 last spring. I had the exterior (...) John, if you're going to be at the DixieLIG meeting Saturday, I can get the file from you then, if that's all right with you. Thanks!! Franklin (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Exactly, and you don't look for a part named "\3006.DAT" in the PARTS directory? When you combine the full path to the PARTS directory with the part filename you have to add the "\" yourself, right? So I know you can do it... (...) Ah, but (...) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New version of part 32064

(...) I found both versions in set 7044-1. (URL) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.general)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) OK. (...) But you don't declare LDRAWDIR as C:\LDraw\, i.e. with a trailing backslash. We also use %WINDIR%\ldraw.ini and not %WINDIR%ldraw.ini. I think most variable substitution in any (script) language uses explicit delimiters in stead of (...) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New version of part 32064

(...) My copies of Motor Movers (#4094) had BOTH variations of the Technic Brick 1x2 with Axlehole. Half of the bricks had the symmetric cross, as earlier versions had. The other half had the newer version, similar to the current Technic 1/2 (...) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: anyone encoding these?

(...) I had started 30603 last spring. I had the exterior pretty much finished, but the interior proved to be difficult without calipers, and thus I moved to other pieces during the summer. I can see if I still have the MPD, if you want to take a (...) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) I also considered suggesting [LDrawSearch] but I held back and went with the "me too". I do like [LDrawSearch] better though. (...) Sure, but use lowercase ldraw.ini please! I'm too lazy to remember to use the shift key on a case sensitive (...) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Anyone modelled the 4492 yet ?

(...) Not mine but take a look. (URL) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, FTX)

  New version of part 32064

I just bought set 7045, World City Dock 13. I noticed that the part 32064 "Technic Brick 1x2 with Axlehole" was in a new version, with the axlehole itself completely redesigned. Does anybody know if this new version has been used in other sets (...) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.general)

  Anyone modelled the 4492 yet ?

I was thinking of ldrawing it. Anyone done it yet ? I saw that 3 x 12 wedge plates are unofficial, but exist on the tracker : ) (21 years ago, 26-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) Me too. I think it is a good idea with a separate section for the search directories, it allows shorter keys than suggested in (URL) I suggest section name [LDrawSearch] which is more in line with [LDraw]. (...) Yes, first (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw Minifig "Machinima" POVray include file

Here is the latest update - the script has been cleaned and should be easy to follow (I hope) (URL) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:HtnCyv.188q@lugnet.com... <SNIP> (...) I will not use the variable, files should be readable on any platform ;-) What about quotation marks in the lines? I suggest to NOT (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  "Analogue" building instructions

An other way... (URL) Jeroen (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  anyone encoding these?

30284 - Minifig Snowshoe 30603 - Slope Brick Top 2 x 2 x 1 42445 - Bar 12L with Plate 1 x 2 and Hollow Stud Just wondering. Didn't find them in "/parts" and didn't find them in the Tracker..... Thanks, Franklin (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Rules changes to LDraw.org MOTM Contest

These changes will go into effect for all submission received for the April 2004 contest and later. 1. No LDraw files of official LEGO models sets (detailed in either the instructions or on the box) will be allowed to enter. Original models made (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Ldraw Minifig "Machinima" POVray include file

(...) Hi and thanks Allister, Problem is, after 2 days of intense study of walking cycles, I forgot how to "walk *naturally* accross the room"=8D /I get what you mean - thanks again! (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  trackdraw, sourceforge

TrackDraw is now in the alpha stage, which means it is feature complete, though with many bugs. Thanks to everyone who helped with the design phase. I'm working on the transition from the Yahoo group (URL) to the sourceforge project (URL) . Here's a (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) It works for me too. So we should check the user's home directory for an ldraw.ini file containing an [LDRAW_SEARCH] section, then if not found look in the ldraw.ini file in Windows directory. For myself, because of platform portability (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw Minifig "Machinima" POVray include file

(...) Cheers indeed! Slick. I haven't been posting in this thread but I've definitely been following along - this is going to come in *very* handy for the next scene where I need to march 16 minifigs down a street. I like this last walk mode the (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, FTX)

  Re: Ldraw Minifig "Machinima" POVray include file

(...) That's pretty cool. One thing though - walk across the room and note the way your arms swing. Now look at the animation again. Cheers, Allister (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Castle Knights helmet

Hello, This concerns Minifig Helmet extensions. Is someone making the knights visor for the minifig helmet? (not the 1970s one i wasnt born then). I ask this because the plated armour exists already. Additional Castle parts required (feel free to (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Ldraw Minifig "Machinima" POVray include file

Thanks to the advice of some friendly folks over at Brickfilms, I have now added a "natural" walk mode to the include file. The updated include file for POVray is not yet available, but these two clips showcase the new walking cycle. (URL) (~500k (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Counting pieces in large ldraw projects

Eric, I've run into this problem with mlcad also and have had to manually compare the subparts to get the 'grand list' of required parts. I use a program that can generate a list of all the pieces needed in your multi-part ldraw file. It is lpub. (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New LDraw Animation: Rotation Animation

(...) I've really fixed the problem this ime and possibly found a bug in the "Print this story" feature of PostNuke. -Orion (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New LDraw Animation: Rotation Animation

(...) Well.... Maybe not. -Orion (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New LDraw Animation: Rotation Animation

(...) I fixed the problem. -Orion (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New LDraw Animation: Rotation Animation

(...) I wanted to print this, so I clicked on LDraw'org's "print" icon, and got this... :( Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /usr/www/users/peero...serapi.php on line 580 Thanks, Franklin (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Numbers Report - 24 Feb. 2004

Stats for Unofficial Files 264 certified files. 252 files need admin review. 477 files need more votes. 488 have uncertified subfiles. 132 held files. Total Files: 1,613 Comparison with Prev. Report: 2004-02-24: 264 / 252 / 477 / 488 / 132 (1,613) (...) (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths

(...) It looks good to me. --Travis Cobbs (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: x468s01 - for Minifig Book

(...) Mark, Thank you for looking at my file; I do appreciate feedback. However, I don't use most of the box primitives because, in my mind's eye, they just aren't boxes. (Except box4 and box5, if I recall correctly; those I can deal with just (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

"Steve Bliss" <steve.bliss@earthlink.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:mna930t5n6agvkl...4ax.com... (...) etc. (...) Good idea, so how about [LDRAW_SEARCH] 1=SHOW <MODELDIR> 2=HIDE <LDRAWDIR>P 3=SHOW <LDRAWDIR>Parts 4=SHOW <LDRAWDIR>Models . . . (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Counting pieces in large ldraw projects

(...) L3lab statistics lists the number of linetype 1 entries. That may be what you want, but it might include subparts and primitives. Don (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Counting pieces in large ldraw projects

(...) You can use the Peeron "Build this DAT" function - it will report on the total number of parts used: (URL) if you don't have any parts in your collection, it will refuse to run (as all the parts will be missing). (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Counting pieces in large ldraw projects

Currently I'm working on a huge LDraw-project: an industry plant consisting of over twenty buildings, each drawn as a multipart model etc. Because we'll have to actually build the beast, I have to order large amounts of pieces. For this I need a (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: 8466 ANIMATED

G*R*E*A*T S*T*U*F*F, Steve! Thanks for sharing boith the pics and the code. Keep it up! (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8818 Povray Animations

Awesome Off to a great start. Very nice job. Hope to see more like it. Steve (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: 8466 ANIMATED

Here is a section of my pov file showing the splines. #declare doorspline = spline { linear_spline -1, <-1,0,0> 0, <0,0,0> 3, <3,0,0> 4, <4,90,0> 4.5, <4.5,90,0> 5.5, <5.5,0,0> 8, <8,0,0> } #declare screenpositionspline = spline { natural_spline -1, (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8466 ANIMATED

Created aonther animation with the 8466 4x4. For this animation I created a spline curve for each function. This way I can control when each item changes at what piont in time in the animation. Here is the animation. (URL) Cuestions, Comments, Enjoy (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  New L3P Tool: Batch Processor

Hello all you CAD'ers and animators, As some of you know I'm working on a fairly large animation project, now being redone from scratch with MLCAD, L3P and PoV-Ray (and the DigitalBricks radiosity!). Well, as I completed creating 185 frames in MLCAD (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, FTX)

  Re: Guide to LDraw "Star Wars Lego" building/modeling?

(...) Yes, most of the patterned part for the Star Wars line haven't been made yet but that because pattern parts are relatively difficult to model. As far as the other part, which one are you referring too? (21 years ago, 23-Feb-04, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact