 CAD / 11155
11154  |  11156
Subject:
Counting pieces in large ldraw projects
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:47:07 GMT

Currently I'm working on a huge LDraw-project: an industry plant consisting of
over twenty buildings, each drawn as a multipart model etc.

Because we'll have to actually build the beast, I have to order large amounts of
pieces.
For this I need a piece count. I use the piece count in MLCAD of each seperate
building and have to do the rest of the math myself, which takes many hours of
spreadsheet boredom. And since the design isnt't final, I'd have to repeat this
every so often.

Hence my urgent question: is there a tool which calculates a grand total piece
count for an LDraw model, consisting of other LDraw models (several levels
deep), each consisting of submodels, which again may contain custom parts etc?

Since the algorithm would be straightforward (it's the file processing which
holds me back) I imagine someone already developed a tool for this.

TIA,

Eric