 CAD / 11158
Re: Counting pieces in large ldraw projects
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 03:35:27 GMT

Eric,

I've run into this problem with mlcad also and have had to manually compare the
subparts to get the 'grand list' of required parts.

I use a program that can generate a list of all the pieces needed in your
multi-part ldraw file.  It is lpub.  You can get it here:

http://www.users.qwest.net/%7Ekclague/LPub/

This program works with l3p and povray to generate ray-traced instructions.  You
can also generate a graphical list of all the pieces needed.  Here's an example.
This is the parts needed to build my life-size Darth Vader Bust:

http://www.brickitgood.com/pieces-vader.jpg

If you have any problems, just email the mpd file to me and I'll generate the
list for you.

Corey
www.brickitgood.com