 CAD / 11159
Re: Ldraw Minifig "Machinima" POVray include file
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:18:44 GMT

Thanks to the advice of some friendly folks over at Brickfilms, I have now added
a "natural" walk mode to the include file. The updated include file for POVray
is not yet available, but these two clips showcase the new walking cycle.

http://technicpuppy.miguelagullo.net//misc/scene.avi (~500k Xdiv)

http://miguelagullo.net/technicpuppy/misc/walk.avi (~1000k Xdiv)

The project continues full steam ahead - the idea of developing a fairly
complete Ldraw minifig animation metalanguage for POVray, with 2 levels of
customization built in is panning out pretty nicely  (so far). That said, the
"to do" list is getting higher and higher 8?)

I've also discovered a bug in the previously released include files which makes
the alignment of minifigs with the scenery not perfect (it's off in the Y axis).
The cause is me cutting and pasting code without stopping to understand all its
consequences and has an easy fix (updated file to come).

Cheers