 CAD / 11176
Re: Animation of Mladen Pejic's models
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 00:45:42 GMT

Hi!

This looks great. How long did it take exaclty to render it using the grid
and in what resolution did you render the images?

Play well

Carsten

"James Reynolds" <james@magnusviri.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
And I have just made this movie at work to test distributive rendering • with
POV-Ray:

MP4 (QuickTime 6 required--Windows users have this, right?) 6.7 MB

http://www.macos.utah.edu/Documentation/xgrid/movie_files/povray_lan.mp4

Smaller versions and an explaination of how I made the animation are on • this
page:

http://www.macos.utah.edu/Documentation/xgrid/povray.html

Please let me know if you have trouble with the MPEG4 format.

For this animation I had to get it out as fast as I could since my boss • wasn't
all that excited that I was spending work time rendering LEGO's, but it • was all
for a good cause (learning how to do distributive rendering), so he • tolerated
that much.

In my next animation (whenever I get around to making it), I'll do much • more
interesting stuff like zooms, Ken Burns effect, different angles, • backgrounds
and scenes, and even some fly throughs and other more complicated camera
movements (instead of just fly arounds).

I haven't made many MOC's, so if anyone has something nice and big to • render, I
would appreciate if you would let me use your stuff.  As you can see, all • the
models in this animation are Mladen Pejic's
(http://www3.sympatico.ca/mladenpejic/).  They are so cool, and it is so • nice to
have them available.

James