 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2113
2112  |  2114
Subject:
Annoying Reflections
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 05:42:22 GMT

Hello all,

It’s 12:32am right this minute, so this is going to be very short. My bedtime was a looong time ago.

But the last thirty minutes have been well-spent: I’ve redesigned an MLCAD scene and it looks much, much better. Except for one thing.

It has a terrible reflection.

I’m supposed to be showing stone buildings, okay? Now look at this picture:

Last I heard, unpolished stone (the brown ground does it too) doesn’t reflect like that. I’m using the LDRAW Radiosity settings, if that’s what the problem is. It only seems to appear when I have it enabled.

I’ve tried everything that makes sense to get it to go away; making the actual part’s color absolutely flat, turning up the DIF variable (no effect)...the IOR is 0, FWIW. At any rate, nothing seems to be helping.

I’m going to be adding a big fog cloud right at that spot, so that particular reflection won’t be seen. However, the ground reflects the stone pretty prominently and that will show. I need to get rid of that.

Any help anybody can furnish would be greatly appreciated. I can give you parts of the POV file if you would like it.

Thank you for helping me out...once again...

-Mike