 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2116
Re: Annoying Reflections
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 13:49:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Miguel Agullo wrote:
   2 options (apart from Todd’s suggestion):

Thanks Todd. I never thought of using normals to diffuse reflections. Actually, some turbulence normals might look good on the brown, since it’s supposed to be dirt.

   1. Turn the QUAL value to 1 (first uncommented line on any L3P-generated file) QUAL 2 simply(?) *adds reflections* to parts, while QUAL 3 adds reflections and Lego logos to their studs

Already using that. :(

   2. Look in the color definition block. Each color looks something similar to this: (snip) Simply get rid of the *reflection* setting. The advantage is that this way you can have some shiny and some matt surrfaces.

I tried that with the last MLCAD scene but realized that it wouldn’t work, since my quality setting isn’t higher than 1.

   PS: Since most likely you’re going to be #including this file ;-) take into account that each #include file can have it’s own QUAL setting.

Hehe...you guess right. ;) Not that it makes a whole lot of difference, though. I don’t want my minifigs to be reflecting like mirrors while their surroundings are totally flat. :)

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m trying them now.

-Mike