 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2115
Re: Annoying Reflections
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 11:15:21 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Mike Thorn wrote:

It has a terrible reflection.

2 options (apart from Todd's suggestion):

1. Turn the QUAL value to 1 (first uncommented line on any L3P-generated file)
QUAL 2 simply(?) *adds reflections* to parts, while QUAL 3 adds reflections and
Lego logos to their studs

2. Look in the color definition block. Each color looks something similar to
this:

#ifndef (Color7)
#declare Color7 = #if (version >= 3.1) material { #end texture {
pigment { rgb <0.682353,0.682353,0.682353> }
finish { ambient AMB diffuse DIF }
#if (QUAL > 1)
finish { phong 0.5 phong_size 40 reflection 0.08 }
#if (BUMPS) normal { BUMPNORMAL } #end
#end
} #if (version >= 3.1) } #end
#end

Simply get rid of the *reflection* setting. The advantage is that this way you
can have some shiny and some matt surrfaces.

PS: Since most likely you're going to be #including this file ;-) take into
account that each #include file can have it's own QUAL setting.