 CAD / 11151
11150  |  11152
Subject:
New L3P Tool: Batch Processor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 04:57:29 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello all you CAD’ers and animators,

As some of you know I’m working on a fairly large animation project, now being redone from scratch with MLCAD, L3P and PoV-Ray (and the DigitalBricks radiosity!). Well, as I completed creating 185 frames in MLCAD today and realizing that it took me the better part of the day to do so, I wasn’t about to sit around and run 185 frames through L3P one by one. Fortunately they all have the same command-line settings.

So, I decided that what I really need is a batch processor. So I made one. Thinking that perhaps there are other frame-by-frame digital animators out there like me, I thought I’d share it.

L3P Batch Processor

I hope Lars doesn’t mind my using the name of his program! Due credit was given!

A simple .bat file, all you need to do to run it is (please note that you must have L3P installed and in your Path:
  • Place the file in the same directory as all your LDR or DAT files (they should all begin with the same name, though they need not be numbered sequentially).

  • Open up a DOS Prompt (on W98/95) or a Command Prompt (W2K/XP/NT). Navigate to the same directory you placed the batch file.

  • Type (minus the quotes): ‘L3PBatch commonfilename’

  • Watch it go! :)
If all goes well it should start generating POV files all over the place. ;) If you want to add extra command-line L3P options, it’s simple. Just right-click on L3PBatch.bat and select “edit,” then add your commands on Line 6 right after the %%n part.

I hope some of you find this useful. It’s going to save me a ton of work over the next few weeks.

-Mike