 Announcements / 2434
2433  |  2435
Subject:
Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 2004 17:44:04 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Per the newly adopted LDraw.org Bylaws, Subsection 6.03(a), I hereby call for
the community to nominate individuals for the upcoming Steering Committee vote.

Please post nominations in response to this message. Nominations will be only be
recognized if they are in response to this message - they will be collected from
LUGNET and from the comments field below the article on LDraw.org [1].

Per ss.6.03(a), you must specify the name of the person you are nominating,
along with your name. Another member of the community _must_ second the
nomination in a reply, and the nominee _must_ publicly accept the nomination in
the same channel (direct reply to the nomination or second) in order to be
valid. If the nominee does not accept, it will be assumed that he or she has
declined, and they will not be placed on the ballot.

The Ad-Hoc Organizing Committee will give sufficient notice of the election and
election procedures per ss.6.03(b).

NOTE: the draft of subsection 6.03(b) states that elections should take place
before March 1. This cannot happen and fulfill the two-month lead time required
in ss.6.03(a) [2]. Instead, elections will commence April 30, with details to
follow.

Again, thanks to all of you for your help forming these bylaws, discussing them,
and finally ratifying them. This is a significant step for LDraw.org - we are on
our way towards a democratic structure that represents the interests of the
community. Please, stay involved with LDraw.org and keep it moving forward!

Tim Courtney
On behalf of the LDraw.org Ad-Hoc Organizing Committee

--
[1] This mechanism is made available for members of the community who don't have
posting privileges on LUGNET. See the bottom of the article on LDraw.org, log in

[2] We apologize for the rather embarrassing oversight :-) The clause was
drafted months ago, and at the time March 1 was far enough out we didn't think
it would conflict. We suggest this be fixed via amendment process by the first
elected Steering Committee.