Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org Steering Committee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:07:03 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Dan Boger wrote:
As we get nearer to the election, I wanted to post my thoughts on what I
think the steering committee should look like.

We're electing the SC to lead the LDraw organization.  To codify it,
define what it really is, and how it works.  In the past we have all
worked in a somewhat random manner.  Decisions were "reached" when the
arguments about them stopped - often, taking weeks, or even months and
years.

With the powers we've given the SC, most decisions will be made by these
5 people.  And since it's a much smaller group, a busy discussion over a
weekend might yield a policy - and all that with little oversight from
the community.

Um, I feel a bit foolish, but since Andrew brought it up I guess I
should ask.  Are there really two different LSCs, a Steering Committee
and a Standards Committee?  If so, what's the difference?  I must've
missed that somewhere.

Thanks,

Don