Re: Steering Committee Recommendations (was: Re: Call for Nominations to LDraw.org ...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 00:22:56 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney wrote:

snip

   I’d like to partially deviate from your recommendations, here are mine:
  • Tim Courtney
  • Orion Pobursky
  • Kevin Clague
  • Larry Pieniazek
  • Chris Dee
I believe this group provides a better cross-section of interests that will make the committee more rounded and able to address organizational and developer issues. Here’s why:
  • It retains an emphasis on the parts library - Chris as a librarian, and Orion as an avid Parts Tracker reviewer and author.
  • Kevin is added to represent developers - Kevin has made great strides developing software and maintains a forward-focus. I think his perspective will help when dealing with issues of encouraging new development.
  • Larry focuses on maintaining relationships across the vast community resources, and is skilled at creating and fostering organizations. He will help greatly when the committee discusses needs with other community groups, and will be valuable for keeping focused and on track with goals.
  • Orion is crucial in my opinion [1]. He has labored tirelessly on the web site, carries with him a consistent and well-reasoned approach to parts and developer issues, and has enthusiastically embraced evangelizing LDraw to potential developers at events (something I consider rather important). He’s also quite good at arguing with me constructively :-)
The above is my opinion. I welcome comments and questions on my recommendations; please feel free to either post them or email me.

Excluding comments about myself.....

After much consideration of the chemistry of the board you recommend, and much soul searching, I agree with your recommendation for the Steering Committee. I think that the people you recommend form a strong, well balanced board.

I would consider it an honor to work with the other candidates you recommend for the Steering Committee.

Kevin