 Administrative / General / 4717
Re: Lugnet for beginners
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 03:13:47 GMT

OK, I can't write long again (sorry) but I have some basic thoughts for this
'guide'. (All my opinions, I'm using should but it's not meant to force
anything.)

-The guide should be written in a friendly, one-on-one sorta tone. Not that
the formal tone Todd uses is bad, it's required and fits some documents that a
user must agree to... just that it's somewhat less friendly than what lugnet
is. After reading a friendly guide, one might be more inclined to read formal
stuff, and more enthusiastic, etc.
-It should give pointers and short explainations about:
           what lugnet is all about
           what newsgroups are meant for what
           what is allowed (and what's not)
-It should make it clear, (in a nice way :) that:
           everything basic is free, fees are nominal
           private information will not be given to third parties
           lugnet is a family NG
-It should have references to:
           setup for posting
           lugnet long-term plan
           FAQ newsgroup
           The most updated acronym list and term list at the time (right now
I think it's my Acro list and Frank Buiting's (sp?) term list that he's
working on).

These are just some starter ideas, I have an in-my-head rough draft that I
don't have time to write up now. But once I do have a free second, I'll be
glad to be involved in this.

Please LMKWYT,
-Shiri