 Off-Topic / Debate / 4738
4737  |  4739
Subject:
tm's and web browsers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 18:13:04 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Eric Joslin writes:
And no, I don't think there's a parallel.  [...]

The parallel is that it's hypocritical for someone to openly bastardize other
product names and not expect others to bastardize one's own names, or at least
to preach non-bastardization of one's own names while openly bastardizing other
names.

PS In another direction, I'd like to know what graphical browser Todd *does*
like, if not Netscape or MSIE.

I hate W3M the least.  I hate Lynx the second least.  I hate Netscape Navigator
for Linux third least.  Fourth least is Netscape Navigator for for Win32.
Fifth least, Netscape Navigator for MacOS.  Sixth least, Mozilla for Linux.
I hate Internet Explorer for MacOS the most, and Internet Explorer for Win32
the second most.  I didn't end up using Opera for Win32 too much because it
didn't do certain work-critical things I needed, but overall I didn't hate it
much.

I use Netscape Navigator for Linux for 95% of things, and the other 5% is
divided roughly equally between Lynx and W3M -- two great text-mode browsers.

--Todd