 Administrative / General / 4783
Re: RSS output format (was: Re: Lugnet for beginners)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 06:20:48 GMT

Oh, one other thing -- each object in the list which makes up a member's
personal channel should have a flag saying whether it's private or public
(decided by the user).  You might want to collate and read information from,
say, 10 different channel sources, but only to republish, say, 5 of those --
or zero of them, and select items for inclusion manually only when something
really stands out.

Wait -- maybe instead of individual objects in the list having the flag on
an object-by-object basis, maybe the lists themselves should have a list-
global flag.  That way, instead of each member having a single channel with
some of the items being private and others being public, each member has any
number (that they want) of channels (arbitrarily named?), and each of these
channels is either totally private or totally public.  Each person would then
start out with one public and one private channel by default.  I wonder if
this could even be integrated with a guestbook feature as a freebie?

--Todd