 Administrative / General / 13065
Re: Random thought of the day
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:45:50 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Ray Sanders wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Suzanne Rich Green wrote:
[...] before anyone even thinks about coding something, they need to deal
with those other blocks first, else there's no point.

I'll post some pieces of my conversations with other people to the
LUGNET blog later. Those will provide more info. That'd be easier for me.

I'm not an insider at LUGNET and I've never seen the code or heard about until
the remarks here.[...] Based on the sesibility of your remarks so
far, I'm real curious to hear about "those other blocks". I have a few
suspicions, but I'll wait until it becomes more clear.

Hi, Ray! Short answer (quoting a friend):
a) Lugnet needs a sustainable governing mechanism.
b) Lugnet needs a sustainable revenue source.
c) etc...

There are all kinds of possibile aproaches to those first two blocks, but 'A'
might mean returning to a model like the "Suz & Todd" one with the addition of
some guideline documents. I'd recommend that LUGNET stay away from
moderation-type issues. The 'B' block has potential sources in dues from the
LUGs, assuming LUGNET were to develop with them as a client and offer them an
attractive tools and a model. But, it's hard to woow to the LUGs without some
development, and it's impossible to develop without financial support.

-Suz