 Administrative / General / 13064
Re: Random thought of the day
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:39:00 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Suzanne Rich Green wrote:
Having access to the code isn't probably so helpful as you'd think.  I had a
certain grim lunch with Todd in Boston a couple weeks ago, which followed a
rather dismal dinner with Dave, as I began to fathom the depth and scope of the
code issues. It would be better if you thought from scratch. But before anyone
even thinks about coding something, they need to deal with those other blocks
first, else there's no point.

I'll post some pieces of my conversations with other people to the LUGNET blog
later. They will provide more info. That'd be easier for me.

I'm not an insider at LUGNET and I've never seen the code or heard about until
the remarks here. I have been a coder/designer (and whatever terms apply) at
various shops over the years and I *have* seen code where calling it 'patched'
would have been generous (like 20 year old BAL programs that a dozen programmers
had imparted their own style upon). Based on the sesibility of your remarks so
far, I'm real curious to hear about "those other blocks". I have a few
suspicions, but I'll wait until it becomes more clear.

Ray