 Administrative / General / 13029
Re: Random thought of the day
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:17:07 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Rob Hendrix wrote:
I know that Lugnet is going through a big transition, and there is a
possibility of its demise...

I know lugnet can't be self supportive, can't run on autopilot forever, and
needs people to upkeep the many areas (examples, memberships, curator
changes, etc.)...

I'm not exactly sad to see the admins go; I know their presence was
[somewhat] needed for everyday information flow among other duties...

BUT

Haven't you noticed how calm and peaceful Lugnet has been for the past few
weeks?

Well, I don't like the implication that Lugnet wasn't calm and peaceful BECAUSE
of the Admins.  As if we wanted everyone to call us names and be mean to us.

At times I wondered about that. ;)

But honestly, things get quiet because people stop caring.  I mean, Suz has
announced that unless something happens, Lugnet will be shut off on Oct 1.  If
anyone had made that claim two years ago, do you think there would be this
quasi-silent acceptance?  People just don't care whether Lugnet lives or dies,
and they have more fun on other forums anyways.

I, for one, do care.

You sound rather bitter... which is a real shame. You sound like you are willing
Lugnet to fail.

I was sad that you all had to "resign", but you must recognise that LUGNET is
now a tiny bit better than it was?

Scott A

-Lenny