 Administrative / General / 13017
Re: Random thought of the day
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 22:20:35 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
But honestly, things get quiet because people stop caring. I mean, Suz has
announced that unless something happens, Lugnet will be shut off on Oct 1.
If anyone had made that claim two years ago, do you think there would be this
quasi-silent acceptance? People just don't care whether Lugnet lives or dies,
and they have more fun on other forums anyways.

To be fair, I think that's what's being gauged at the moment. It's true that in
recent years, Lugnet's importance as *the* place for Lego discussion has gone
down. If I understand correctly, a big part of what's happening now is that Suz
is trying to figure out who'd be affected, and how much, if Lugnet were to shut
down or switch gears. And yes, if *nobody* cared about it, then by all means, it
could go away.

You're right that there probably won't be as much public outcry for preserving
Lugnet as there might have been several years ago. The community has grown since
then. But to say that people just don't care isn't accurate. I, for one, care.

DaveE