 Administrative / General / 13015
Re: Random thought of the day
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 21:31:09 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Rob Hendrix wrote:
I know that Lugnet is going through a big transition, and there is a
possibility of its demise...

I know lugnet can't be self supportive, can't run on autopilot forever, and
needs people to upkeep the many areas (examples, memberships, curator
changes, etc.)...

I'm not exactly sad to see the admins go; I know their presence was
[somewhat] needed for everyday information flow among other duties...

BUT

Haven't you noticed how calm and peaceful Lugnet has been for the past few
weeks?

Well, I don't like the implication that Lugnet wasn't calm and peaceful BECAUSE
of the Admins.  As if we wanted everyone to call us names and be mean to us.

But honestly, things get quiet because people stop caring.  I mean, Suz has
announced that unless something happens, Lugnet will be shut off on Oct 1.  If
anyone had made that claim two years ago, do you think there would be this
quasi-silent acceptance?  People just don't care whether Lugnet lives or dies,
and they have more fun on other forums anyways.

-Lenny