 Administrative / General / 13033
13032  |  13034
Subject:
LUGNET going away?!?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 15:11:38 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.general, Suzanne Rich Green wrote:

   But honestly, things get quiet because people stop caring. I mean, Suz has announced that unless something happens, Lugnet will be shut off on Oct 1. If anyone had made that claim two years ago, do you think there would be this quasi-silent acceptance? People just don’t care whether Lugnet lives or dies, and they have more fun on other forums anyways.

To be fair, I think that’s what’s being gauged at the moment.

This is correct. I’m also trying not to make a lot of noise about it, so as not to be overwhelmed right now.

BTW, I have not “announced that unless something happens, Lugnet will be shut off on Oct 1.”

So what HAVE you announced, Suz? This is the first I’ve heard about any such possibility, and I’m very dismayed by it. To me, LUGNET is the place to discuss LEGO. It’s also the only web-based forum I can stand to read and post to – I’ve tried many others, and IMO they universally suck, except for this one, which has somehow avoided the interface pitfalls of all the others. But it’s also amazing and cool that each group can be subscribed to as a mailing list, or even read via NNTP, for those who prefer.

I understand there has been some bickering and gnashing of teeth, which is inevitable in any large group, especially on the Internet — but honestly, I don’t care. LUGNET is by far the best-implemented LEGO forum, and as far as I can see, the most widely used too. It would be a very sad day for the LEGO community if it were to disappear.

So, can you tell us what’s going on, and how much we should be worried?

Thanks,
– Joe