 Administrative / General / 13044
Re: Random thought of the day
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:55:24 GMT

Leonard Hoffman wrote:

But honestly, things get quiet because people stop caring.

Or perhaps because it's summer time for many of the posters, terms have
ended, and so on. As far as I remember, there has always been a 'summer
slump' in the posting frequency.

I mean, Suz has announced that unless something happens, Lugnet will be
shut
off on Oct 1.

I didn't read her post in exactly that way, but maybe you know more than me?

People just don't care whether Lugnet lives or dies

This is patently wrong! *Some* people don't care, *other* people do care! I
still need my daily 'lugnet fix' to stay balanced :-)

and they have more fun on other forums anyways.

And sometimes they have less fun on other forums. That's life. Lugnet cannot
be 'the one and only' place for Lego talk, but it *can* be 'the one place we
return to again and again'.

Side note: I use an NNTP reader for lugnet - I find this *much* better than
through the web interface, and the lugnet web interface is still one of the
best I've seen!

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm