  *92960 (-100)
  Re: A village challenge and questions ...

(...) (just guessing) Typos? ;) A farrier is someone who shoes horses. A cobbler is someone who shoes people. I think that's the two professions he was mentioning. James (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Dragoons, digitally photographed

(...) Those are some great 'figs. You did an excellent job on the painting. I also love Final Fantasy (I want beige ponytail hair so I can make Rosa), and these are great representations of Dragoons. Personally, I probably would've used the visored (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Sanscript & Spirit.OCX

After reading the Jose Solorzano's (and Jake VanNoy's) thread about the possible use of Northwoods Software's Sanscript for pBrick control through Spirit.OCX, I've downloaded it (the Demo too) and tried Sanscript PRO (www.trulyvisual.com). It's a (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: OO programing in RCX

Hi Eric, There always Visual Basic. I'm currently building a few ActiveX controls which sit on top of Spirit. So far its working nicely and is a big improvement over the non-class method of VB coding I used in my original prototype. David Leeper (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: EP1 DVD and VHS release news

(...) Given the huge amount of money EP1 has already made, Mr. Lucas has more than enough butter on his bread already. ;) James (URL) also wants SW on DVD, but is under no illusions that Lucas cares about the fan base) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: History of LEGO Windows...revisited

(...) Thanks Tony, Glad I could add a little nostalgia to your day! There is another variation to add to this mix. That is the 1x1x1, 1x1x2 and 1x2x1 windows, which came with and without the plastic "glass". The without sill variety of these (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What all has TLC done?

(...) Good point.. Too bad they're considered to be a "Town" set, eh? :) I'm hoping that the space line was cancelled simply with the plan of re-introducing it next year, like they did with the castle sets. Personally, if they come up with something (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Is this as evil as I think it is?

(...) My question is, other than it being great (maybe) that you feel the desire to play LEGO logo nanny, why should there be any "official" channel through LUGNET for reporting something that is really TLC's responsibility? Granted, they could be a (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: NFPA article

(...) <snipped> (...) Fort Saskatchewan, AB, CA. More plant, less office. :) James (URL) FUP to .people> (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.people)

  Re: Sentimental Journey (Was Re: What all has TLC done?)

(...) I have to agree.. While I despised the insectoids and ufo stuff, and I do have a certain attachment to the classic space sets (for nostalgic reasons, since I had those and nothing else when I was a kid), I think they did a nice job on (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Gats in St. Louis

(...) At least I got to ride metrolink for the first time. I never really had a reason to until now. (grin) The O gauge layout they had set up (in my opinion) was rather poor. I don't belive that it made any grade changes whatsoever, along with no (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mo)

  Re: LDraw-Mode vs. BezGen... problems?

(...) I'm happy to hear that you found my program interesting, and I realize that LDraw-mode will not be a mainstream application by far (not yet anyway), as most people here don't seem to use Emacs. My program probably does fairly much the same as (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 4563

(...) at Brickset: (URL) above picture shows the hook to the rear of the larger boat. Scott A (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Dragoons, digitally photographed

(...) We have taken macro shots with our Mavica (FD-81) from ~1", at full zoom, and it did a lovely job. James (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.publish)

  I got my membership package

I just wanted to say thanks Todd. I contributed in my small way to show my appreciation for all your hard work, and what do you do? You went and topped yourself once again! That package was the nicest surprise I've had in awhile. Thanks for your (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Great Idea for all Developers A (.dat) Browser.

(...) This is a cool idea, and ML-CAD actually does this somewhat. The problem with the browser idea is some models take a long time to render. I've got one beast the ties up ML-CAD for about four minutes. A Model browser would have to be carefully (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: msword parts listing

(...) Hmm. Try search (URL) for "patrick sayer-little printable ldraw catalog". The very first match includes a link to the old location of Patrick's pages. A quick cut'n'paste leads you to: (URL) Where's he's posted the new version. Steve (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Traffic at Lugnet?

(...) Probably because most of the traffic is been on off-topic.debate. I got 524 messages this morning, and I have not checked my e-mail since Friday afternoon. There have been a lot of space postings as well. Scott S. (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Review - 8002 - Star Wars Destroyer Droid

(...) covered. (...) I was able to fit all four with little to no problem. They need to be wrapped very closely. Later in the assembly when attaching some long thin brown (...) I thought this too, until I folded up the guns. If you switch them, then (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: UPDATED part: Plate 6 x 6 x 2/3 Cross with Dome - 30303.dat

(...) Hmm. I checked it just now, it seemed OK. The long address for my GeoCities page is (URL). There is a link to the Rotate spreadsheet from there. (...) Looks great! I was worried I had nagged at you too much. You've done a very nice job on a (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Sentimental Journey (Was Re: What all has TLC done?)

Scott E. Sanburn wrote in message <38741E76.73300082@c...eb.net>... (...) On one point I feel moved to vigorously disagree with Scott and Todd. Exploriens did NOT suck! Quite the opposite! One little mistake with the design of a "useless" wing (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

(...) I just got a gray 2x6? over the weekend with some black swirls in it. It is really cool!! Jeff (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: free-for-all in space

(...) The Alliance of Planets!!!!! ;) (URL) I couldn't resist! Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net Systems Administrator/CAD Operator-Affiliated Engineers -> (URL) Page -> (URL) Page -> (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: DixieLUG ?

Craig, I'll be happy to bring a couple of my sculptures. I think the Penguin and the Globe are most easily transported. Each has about a 2 foot square 'foot print'. eric (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Re: Help Me......

Good question and good luck! I like idea books. I have just about all of them, but even if you don't have them, you can find the scans on the web. As a kid, I always marveled at idea books, but complained that I didn't have the necessary pieces - (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Interesting Castle on Ebay

As a seller, I really like Abner ;-) As a competing buyer, its futile. My feeling about this set, is that its a knock-off, like Mega Blocks or Tyco. Although not many people are interested in old Mega Blocks Castles, they aren't exactly easy to (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: A village challenge and questions ...

Dan wrote in message ... (...) the (...) for (...) their (...) OK, I got out the dictionary, and still don't know what some of the words you used are. What is ferrier? Hobbler? (...) fame (...) all (...) Is that similar to a modern day health (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone in the US find the Destroyer Droid yet? Found it!

Went searching Friday to Target. They were rearranging the shelves/aisles and were finally putting up new stickers. Top shelf in the SW section was the sticker for the DD, but they were all out. So I left and went to another Target about 20 miles (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

(...) I (...) cars. (...) other (...) Ben, I think you're correct in using the RCX in that way. I use one in a similar manner with my remote powered switch, and it elimates any stalls. I actually perform the opposite functionality - the motor is (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Accessory Color Question

(...) Well, there were light-blue gems in some of the 1999 ninja sets... I know they were in 6093 (Flying Ninja's Fortress), and they MIGHT have been in the Emperor's boat set as well (Too lazy to look it up) 'Course that's just LIGHT blue... DaveE (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2 Motors -> 1 axle

I have to agree with Jack Gregory, Tilman Sporkert and others that there is no 'differential force' causing motors to 'fight' each other. A commonsense understanding of the way an electric motor works should make it clear why this is the case. An (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Robotic Vision (was: Video image analisys)

Ok, found something very interesting ! (URL) FindMovingBlob seems perfect for controlling a Video Camera with a PC controlled pBrick. Look it in: (URL) going to try to test/investigate Pong Suvan's software :) Oh, and Microsoft Vision SDK is on: (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego Worldshop

(...) The Nugator Company ((URL) ha annunciato che mettarà parti di Mindstorms nel suo catalogo: (URL) Pitsco-Dacta ((URL) vende sensori. Io ho una copia del catalogo, che è piuttosto ricco. L'unico problema sta nel fatto che non spediscono fuori (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

  30° iscritto ItLUG: Ezio Maino

(...) treni e technic. Basta così????? (...) Benvenuto! Ragazzi, abbiamo raggiunto il ragguardevole numero di 30 iscritti :-) Ciao Mario (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Gats in St. Louis

I am sorry to have missed you we had some things to do in the morning that took to much time. We still made it down to the show and I to was very unimpressed with it. I think a Lego layout would be perfect. The only scale close to Lego was not very (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.mo)

  EP1 DVD and VHS release news

I found this article today about the release of EP1 on DVD and VHS (Mostly DVD). For DVD owners like myself don't hold your breath Lucas is prepared to completly miss the boat on this one. Here is the article. (URL) think Mr. Lucas needs to wake up (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  technic wheels listing

I remember a site awhile ago that had a list of all the technic wheels, with pictures. Anyone got the current URL? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What's a fair price for 4532/4537/4539s?

Tom Stangl <toms@netscape.com> wrote in message news:38763820.995C87...ape.com... (...) above (...) Tom, I sent you an e-mail in regards to the above note. Let me know. -Rob Doucette. (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  2000 Dacta Catalog

I have not yet seen a 2000 Dacta catalog. My sources are still trying to obtain one for me. As soon as I get one, I will put scans of it on my web page. Glen Tannenbaum www.geocites.com/glen_lego (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.dacta)

  Re: Pythagorean Triads and Almost-Triads

Bram Lambrecht wrote in message <20000109.104425.509...no.com>... (...) Ah, cool. I hadn't seen it before.... actually I can't see it now. What is the URL? :-) Wow, I'm almost embarassed to ask, I've been to Eric's site so many times, just not (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.build)

  Re: NELUG Castle Display at TCS Brainstorm...

(...) Well here is a project that just seemed to spring out of thin air. I was just experimenting with using the new castle wall pieces (The one that comes with King LEO). It started out as a barracks but quickly turned into more of an Inn (A very (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Will's Small Castle Auction

I acquired the following sets in a lot I purchased over the holidays. As a townie I have no use for these so I've decided to auction them off. The rules are pretty simple: This is a G1, G2, SOLD auction with advances occuring approximately every 24 (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: OO programing in RCX

Hi Eric, there's a patch in the works to give legOS support for most of C++ - virtual functions and the lot. Markus. (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Technica v3

"JH" == Jim Hughes <hughesj@one.net> writes: JH> Your comments would be appreciated. JH> (URL) make the font bigger! I have a hard time reading it now. Content-wise, very, very useful! IIRC, though, 8001 comes with a Liftarm [3 x 3] x 1, quarter (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: NFPA article

(...) Yes. Working in a firm that actually engineers fire protection systems, the building code has specific requirements on various materials, from plastic to chemicals to oil, and everything in between. We work primarily on laboratories (AEI is (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Space stations?

Well, I built a starship bridge, I still have it somewhere, and it took so much space for what I wanted, I can't imagine a space station I would like to build (I think of station McKinley from ST) Sometimes, you have to build only what your bricks (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Do you build sets you buy for parts?

(...) Don't feel too bad, Mike. I have many sets I built, wanting to change it, make it better, etc. but have not had the time as of yet. I have tons of train stuff that I would love to work on, though. :) Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn-> (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Walmart LEGO Suprise and Adventure!

(...) No, I don't think it was that set, it was this one: (URL) was marked down to 9.99, but I still couldn't buy it. Scott S. (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Human Mood Dection (Through Voice)

Alex P <alexp@halogenstudios.com> wrote in message news:FM9CH3.Bx9@lugnet.com... (...) Sudden changes in pitch and jitters? I don't know if you program (apart from NQC or VB), but computers have their own special way of dealing with voice data. See (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NELUG Meeting: 1-10-2000

(...) First meeting of the new year is both accurate (by anybody's count) and more impressive than 'month'... As for spelling Larry P.'s name - this is why they invented cut and paste, young Jedi... J, too lazy to cut'n'paste hisself, tho (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma)

  Re: MOC: Dragoons, digitally photographed

(...) Thanks, Craig! Craigo-lego was definitely the biggest inspiration that actually got me thinking about the possibilities of painted or otherwise decorated LEGO. I still think we need a lugnet.blasphemy group for painting, sawing, snipping, and (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: NELUG Meeting: 1-10-2000

(...) So...'ow late are you blokes likely to be there? I have an appointment in Framingham at 7:30pm and I'm not sure how long it will take, but I *would* like to actually make it to a LUGNET meeting one of these days...even if it would jeopardize (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ma, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: Is this as evil as I think it is?

(...) Yep - considering that TLC is touchy about reuse of its logo at the best of times.. (...) You have a point - I guess I'm more interested in finding out whether TLC would like us to report things like this, and if so - how and where? Richard (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Any one after mint in box Message Intercept Base 6987

I've found probably the last eight on the planet in a shop recently. I'm offering them first come first serve well below what they go for in auctions. There are also eight 6986's Space Police I Mission Commanders. If interested, email me. Mark H. (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  FS mint in box Message Intercept Base 6987

I've found probably the last eight on the planet in a shop recently. I'm offering them first come first serve well below what they go for in auctions. There are also eight 6986's Space Police I Mission Commanders. If interested, email me. Mark H. (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: MOC: Dragoons, digitally photographed

(...) Well, let's see...the CP800 has a 2x optical zoom and a 2.5x digital zoom. When I took those pics, I was basically holding the camera about 4" away from the 'figs. I haven't really checked exactly how close you can get and still focus, though. (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

"LS" == ludo soete <ludo.soete@village.uunet.be> writes: LS> I called my local Lego office on yesterday and they confirmed the LS> set-up of an Lego office in New York. They told me also that the LS> Lego World Shop will be closed for several months (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com

"KM" == Kevin Maynes <ERASETHISBITkmaynes...surfr.com> writes: KM> Hey.. instead of cleaning out the old ABS then loading the new, KM> maybe let the old ABS run nearly out, then load the new right on KM> top. Theoretically (just a theory.. I don't (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: Imperial Armada

(...) O.K. then, So you could junorise pirates. My next guess is that they just ran out of ideas that the guys at the top would accept (we want to make a new pirate ship that has 3 of the larger sized pirate hull middle pieces in it. no. o.k. then (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Any one after a mib MIB 6987 (Message Intercept Base)

I've found probably the last eight on the planet in a shop recently. I'm offering them first come first serve well below what they go for in auctions. There are also eight 6986's Space Police I Mission Commanders. If interested, email me. Mark H. (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Lego Spares

This has most probably been asked many times but I've never seen it (probably never looked hard enough) posted anywhere. Would it not be advantageous to both Lego and consumers to offer bulk ordering? I mean Lego would certainly reap the rewards, it (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Calling all FansOf CW lego (was Re: Civil War Theme)

(...) Thanks, I think I remember seeing that. It might cost a little bit too much to buy all those sets for just the hats tho. Especially as poor as I am :) David (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general)

  serial comm between HB and custom software

I am trying make a robot that communicates with a computer program build in borland C. can i use the serial port of the Handy Board? how do i send and receive commands or messages to and from the HB through my boland C program, using this serial (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Cybermaster purchase is it a good thing ?

(...) value, as (...) Yup, it is. It has less memory, no LSD display, no flashable firmware and only one program "slot". Two of the three motors available, are fixed to the brick. Due to it's radio-link instead of IR-link, I tend to use it with PC (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Julmust (Var: FYND!!!)

Lycka till, Tobias. Själv glömde jag posta mina etiketter... :o( /Tore (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: Source of clear 1x2x2 brick with window pattern

Look at the old train sets 137 is the first one I found with them. (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Dino Island Characters

(...) to (...) There seems to be two new characters: - One with a brown army cap and black torso with white sleeves - Another with white shirt and dark hair - possibly a female! See (URL) some small images. Christian (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: MOC Rock castle almost finished

I really can't wait -- I think you've made some of the nicest models ever built from Lego bricks. :) I loved the Frost Castle, it's a major source of inspiration I have for my Alpine Kingdom, which is somewhere in its planning stages. -- Paul (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Source of clear 1x2x2 brick with window pattern

Hi I have found a clear 1x2x2 brick with a white window pattern printed on one side. The brick is unlike the existing LDraw part 550 in that it has no centre stud on the inside (in the same way that 1x2x1 clear bricks exist in both forms). Does (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Freedom and the Independence

I was looking at my technic shuttle that I own and I was thinking to myself. Has anyone ever tried, thought of, or conceived any idea of building either of the shuttles from Armageddon (I think that is how you spell it). It would probably be a (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  vraagje

Hoi medelegofan(s), Even een vraagje, heb ik kans dat er binnen Nederland nog een 5571 kan vinden Met vriendelijke groet Barry Lamers (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.nl)

  Robotic Vision (was: Video image analisys)

(...) Hi :) (...) Well, when you do, please keep us posted of your findings. I'll try and do the same, time permiting. (...) I even found a image processing entry from a Portuguese University :) I'm going to analise it more carefully, but for now, (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  LEGO Beethoven

My fellow LUGNET readers, After some technical difficulties and surviving the flu, I am able to present my LEGO bust of Beethoven (the composer). Check it out, if you'd be so wondering. (URL) yours, Henry Lim (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.build)

  Re: What happened to the early 90's models

(...) This degradation of current Lego sets is called "juniorization". Lego wants to target kids of younger ages and makes the sets with less pieces and less complex which makes the sets supposedly easier to put together for younger kids. It is not (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.town)

  FA ebay: 3x 5134 Shooting Cannons

(URL) HATE EBAY: (URL) in all it's just another brick in the wall..... ***...*** (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: FYND!!!

(...) Bäng!!! Jag måste ut till TRU för en check... Den måste finnas! // Eric -- "The great thing about Lego isn't that you can build something out of it, the great thing is that you can build something else." +---...---+ Eric Hampusgård (legobiten) (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.se)

  What happened to the early 90's models

During a recent cleanout of my lego magazines I found some early 90's ones. What happened to the town models between 1990 and 1995? They seemed to be more detailed than the 1999/2000 models. There was also more peices too. (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Is this as evil as I think it is?

(...) site, (...) Are you referring to the fact that a little bit of the red box has been chopped off top and bottom as maimed? As for the 'borrowing' of images, then this might be legal. Most manufacturers provide retailers with images of their (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: FA(eBay): Train lots (ends Mon), Star Wars figs (ends Tues)

(...) No more S@H Canada it merged with the US S@H. And usually it's cheaper to buy from S@H after you figure in the conversion to US funds. (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: how does a bar code reader work?

The Code pilot is not fit for this job. Unfortunately you can't program the CP to distuiguish between bar codes during run. It can only sense the speed of a passing light pattern, which may or may not be a bar code picture. Eric Brok -------- Visit (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  MOC Rock castle almost finished

My Rock Castle is getting close to completion. The main structure covers 3 x 3.5 32-stud baseplates, and the hardest part actually was to fit everything in that confined space ;-) If time and table room would allow, I could go on doing the (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  OO programing in RCX

Hi folks, I am an OO guy. Is there any any OO programming tools in RCX. I know there are LegOS, NQC, and so on. I have been addictted to OO and Java for couple of years. Some guys are working in developing JVM for RCX. I am looking forward any good (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Seen in TRU perth

(...) priced (...) I've just looked through some of the past messages in loc.au.wa.per and came along this message. Where is TRU? (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: A village challenge and questions ...

(...) I am actually working on a whole castle village's worth of custom models at the moment... and here are the ideas I'm developing: Town Well: As mentioned in other posts - the focal point of the town. Wind Mill: Another essential focal point of (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  UPDATED dat file: 4617 Adventurers Propeller  [DAT]

(...) I have cleaned this file up a bit. No real big change. Paul 0 Propeller 3 blade - Adventurers 0 Name: 4617.dat 0 Author: Paul Easter, pneaster@aol.com 0 KEYWORDS: propeller, adventurers 0 Unofficial part 0 1 16 0 0 8 8 0 0 0 0 8 0 -16 0 (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: RF Connection To RCX

(...) Yep! I am going to make the RF/IR adapter plug in front of the RCX. And make my RF tower to replace the IR tower. I know the IR carries on 38.5KHz. Does it mean both transmt/receive signals working in the same 38.5KHz? If so, how can I solve (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  UPDATED part: Plate 6 x 6 x 2/3 Cross with Dome - 30303.dat  [DAT]

(...) Thanks Steve, I have reworked this parts for awhile. I hope this fixes any of the above problems and a few other nagging sloppyness errors. 0 Plate 6 x 6 x 2/3 Cross with Dome 0 Name: 30303.dat 0 Author: Paul Easter, pneaster@aol.com 0 (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: MOC: Dragoons, digitally photographed

I'm very interested in your photography techniques! What are the zoom and macro capabilities of your Nikon, if I may ask? I'm looking for a good digital camera that can handle objects closer than the standard 10 inches. -- Paul Davidson craig (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: A village challenge and questions ...

These are some interesting questions I've been asking myself as well, so I'll chip in with my own thoughts... (...) small (...) comes - what (...) Towns tended to be built around a well or something, from which all the people could gather the water (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: FA(eBay): Train lots (ends Mon), Star Wars figs (ends Tues)

(...) Don't underestimate the buyers on eBay: 1.) The seller is in Canada and suppose the buyer is as well. I don't know anything about S@H in Canada, but I do know that certain items cost more than here and vice versa. 2.) I also know from (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: FA(eBay): Train lots (ends Mon), Star Wars figs (ends Tues)

(...) can still get it new from S&H @ $27, SHIPPED! Plus it's curves! I just don't understand eBay. Of course I'm kicking myself for not selling everything I own on eBay and rebuying new to double my money... --Ben PS, what DID you keep from those (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Calling all FansOf CW lego (was Re: Civil War Theme)

(...) Check out the new Rockraiders figure set for Gray kepi (sp?) hats Dan (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general)

  WTB Aquashark "backpacks"

I'm looking to buy the black, bulky backpack/helmets that are worn by the aquasharks (URL) don't really care for the visor/mask... and i don't need the rest of the minifig... just the pack... anyone who is willing to part with a few (up to 10 or so) (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Automatic decoupler designs?

I built a version of the decoupler mentioned earlier in this thread. It works remarkably well! I don't have the exact brick mentioned on the web page, but I do have an R2D2 foot, which is very similar: a short technic beam with a 4-plate high 30 deg (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  FA(eBay): Train lots (ends Mon), Star Wars figs (ends Tues)

Auctions ending on 10/01/2000 ---...--- 8 Train minifigs (URL) 16 white 4x6x1 train roofs (URL) Train cab parts from 4561 (URL) 20 white train roof sides (URL) 8 dk grey train railings (URL) 2 dock/platform ramps (URL) 2 black lowered train bases (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  bevel gear spacing

Has anyone found a good way to use 12t bevel gears (and/or the new 20t double bevel) in geartrains without placing the bevel right against a beam? Whenever I have a bevel at the end of a stack of gears I find I need a 1/4 bushing spacer to make the (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Calling all FansOf CW lego (was Re: Civil War Theme)

[This followup was posted to lugnet.general and a copy was sent to the cited author.] In article <Fo1w9K.LvE@lugnet.com>, mak2@umail.ucsb.edu says... (...) See my previous post; the new Rock Raiders have a figure with a dark grey hat (the Civil War (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.western, lugnet.general)

  Re: LDraw-Mode vs. BezGen... problems?

(...) got it!... thanks Kev and Bram! J (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: free-for-all in space

IMO, the war would be won by whoever was lead by the best strategist. But, the quality of the spacecraft and an empire's overall power would also be a massive factor [duh]. So why not steal leftover fleets, ship plans, tech, and military power from (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: LEGO sensor

oops! Thanks Dr. Martin for catching my mistake about the rotation sensor. - Nick - (...) (25 years ago, 10-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

Skipped 8 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.statistics, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.pun (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact