 Technic / 761
760  |  762
Subject:
bevel gear spacing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 05:09:56 GMT

Has anyone found a good way to use 12t bevel gears (and/or the new 20t double
bevel) in geartrains without placing the bevel right against a beam?  Whenever
I have a bevel at the end of a stack of gears I find I need a 1/4 bushing
spacer to make the bevel gears mesh reliably (where a full bushing is 1 brick
wide, and half bushings are the smallest pulley).  I know I could just keep my
bevel gears all against plates, but that sometimes makes for a very bulky
construction.

What I've been doing is cutting one of the thick segments off of one of the new
flexible accordian-like tubes and using that to pad out my gears.  Is there a
genuine non-mutilated LEGO part which can do what I want?

--Ben