 General / 13403
Re: Service Catalog gone from lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.se
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 12:17:20 GMT

"LS" == ludo soete <ludo.soete@village.uunet.be> writes:

LS> I called my local Lego office on yesterday and they confirmed the
LS> set-up of an Lego office in New York.  They told me also that the
LS> Lego World Shop will be closed for several months (as you all
LS> knew) and that there be **NO Lego Service brochure ** in the first
LS> edition catalog. This will come back with the second edition of
LS> the Lego catalog.  But you can still call your local Lego Service
LS> center to obtain the service packages from past year.They do have,
LS> normally, a kind of reserve.

And I called my local Lego office last friday to order some more spare
parts. The guy I spoke to said there was absolutely no problem with
ordering spare parts (although I didn't think to specifically ask if
they were going to be discontinued, but read on) and that they would
probably put a 2000 Service catalog in the package with my
order. When I told him that previously I could order spare parts
online from their website, but can't anymore, he claimed that was just
temporary, and would presumably come back.

On the other hand, he did some slightly clueless about such
matters. ("Oh, but I guess they'll put in a new Service catalog with
your order." etc.)

Regards,

Johannes.
--
Fourth law of thermodynamics:
If the probability of success is not almost one, it is damned near zero.

Bibliovorous chocophiliac.