 Robotics / RCX / 367
Re: RF Connection To RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 07:23:34 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Terry King writes:
Eric, this was the approach I was thinking of. This
way all the 'regular' functions, software, RcxCC etc
would continue to work.

Limitations: Speed is the same..

Yep! I am going to make the RF/IR adapter plug in front of the RCX. And make
my RF tower to replace the IR tower. I know the IR carries on 38.5KHz. Does it
mean both transmt/receive signals working in the same 38.5KHz? If so, how can
I solve the ehco problem?

Enjor,
Eric

Other approaches would require deep hacking, I believe.

I envisioned two devices:
1. fit over the 'front' of the Rcx, plugging into
output B for power, and hanging over the IR
transmitter and receiver.
2. Slipped over the IR Tower in a similar fashion
  and probably had its own battery.

900Mhz would be Nice. Full duplex is not necessary, I
believe. AT the slow data rate there could probably be simple
ON-OFF keying / envelope detect.  Unless you wanted
1/2 mile range!

In Your other spare time....  :-)

--
Regards,