 Robotics / RCX / 365
Re: RF Connection To RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 16:29:43 GMT

Eric, this was the approach I was thinking of. This
way all the 'regular' functions, software, RcxCC etc
would continue to work.

Limitations: Speed is the same..

Other approaches would require deep hacking, I believe.

I envisioned two devices:
1. fit over the 'front' of the Rcx, plugging into
  output B for power, and hanging over the IR
  transmitter and receiver.
2. Slipped over the IR Tower in a similar fashion
   and probably had its own battery.

900Mhz would be Nice. Full duplex is not necessary, I
believe. AT the slow data rate there could probably be simple
ON-OFF keying / envelope detect.  Unless you wanted
1/2 mile range!

In Your other spare time....  :-)

--
Regards,