 Local / United States / Georgia / 72
Re: DixieLUG ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ga
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 15:02:56 GMT

Craig,

I'll be happy to bring a couple of my sculptures. I think the Penguin
and the Globe are most easily transported. Each has about a 2 foot
square 'foot print'.

eric

craig hamilton wrote:

In lugnet.loc.us.ga, David Sulhoff writes:
I have been following your DixieLUG posts and I have an interest in being
involved.  What sort of activities would occur at the first meeting (22 Jan
00)?   Are there any more details you can post pertaining to the itinerary?
Also, when do you expect the website to be up?

Thanks,

David

  thanks for asking, david!  the intent is to get a bunch of us AFOLS
together for a day of nothing but lego!  it's an opportunity to meet
face-to-face and talk lego long into the night.  there are plenty of great
restaurants in the historic downtown area, well within walking distance of
my house, so i figured we'd do dinner that way.  (i'd love to throw a dinner
party, but i'm not yet sure how many to expect, and i expect all availlable
table space will be covered in lego models.

  i'll have a preview of my current project, "jur-abs-ic park" on display as
well as my infamous custom 'figs. i'd like to convince eric harshbarger to
bring one of his magnificent sculptures. (the linux penguin perhaps!?) every
one is invited to bring something to show off. (just lmk so i can be sure to
have table space for it!) perhaps pawel n. will even show up and reveal the
secrets of the kingdom of bruce!

  this is also a good oportunity to buy, sell, and trade as well. someone
has already jumped on this one!

  if things get boring, (which i doubt; and even if they don't) i have a
near complete set of m-tron that we could build and even create a base or
something. OOC (our own creation) as opposed to MOC.  if you've never built
one of these "vintage" space sets, you're in for a treat! i'll have a
photographer on hand to record the event for pictures on our website.

  craig livingston has vollunteered to do our web pages, and i'm sure there
will be some discussion on that... we can also explore the possibilities of
group projects. an example would be a modular castle or kingdom where each
person builds a section. just an example.  i'd like to think of something
that would combine mini-fig, sculptural, and robotic lego systems. wouldn't
that be exciting!? it really depends on the interests of the group,

  i would look to see folks around noon, saturday at the earliest, since
many people will be driving several hours to get here. if you wish to come
friday, or stay in macon saturday night, hotels are nice and relatively
inexpensive. i'd be happy to help in whatever way i can and can offer my
couch to anyone on a restrictive budget.

  later ~ craig~

Eric Harshbarger / eric@ericharshbarger.org / www.ericharshbarger.org

"Oh please, if people are going to start telling the truth around
here... I'm going to bed." - Jackie-O (Parker Posey, THE HOUSE OF YES)