  *78847 (-100)
  #6769 (Fort Legoredo)/COME BACK FROM DYA/QUICK SALE

Hi Legofans, We just received 30 sets 6769.This latter will be available on website from 14:00 until 16:30 and tomorrow from 9:00 to 12:00. Don't delay if you are really interested, because our stock is limited ! There is a very great demand about (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  #6769 (FORT LEGOREDO)/COME BACK FROM DYA/QUICK SALE

Hi Legofans, We just received 30 sets 6769.This latter will be available on website from 14:00 until 16:30 and tomorrow from 9:00 to 12:00. Don't delay if you are really interested, because our stock is limited ! There is a very great demand about (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  I thought this (ebay) one was a little confused...

"Lego Mindstorm for $100 No Reserve!" (URL) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: 4561 modifications

(...) or (...) So does Toronto. (although 2 operators) RT, Subway, GO train, Streetcar. Also, if you go to Rockwood, where all the good old streetcars go, you would find out about the light rail that went out that far. As late as the 1948, the TTC (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: UKLUG Prototype online

I liked it. I think it is a very good start. It need a "news" page, perhaps that should be the opening main window.... Today's Headline : "McD sets are out tomorrow" I suppose it is now just a matter of keeping up the momentum. Can I help with (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 8460 Space Shuttle FOTW  [DAT]

(...) (URL) säljer rymdfärjan för 40£ (ca: 550 kr). Jag har 10% rabatt där fram till 7.december vilket ger ett pris på 495 kr, tyvärr är fraktkostnaden för en färja 28£ (ca. 385 kr)!! Om det finns intresse att gå samman för att få ner fraktkostanden (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.se)

  Re: part # request.

(...) I got flamed for making parts and even mock-ups without the part in hand... -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Happy December!

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes... (...) calendar. (...) countdown. Exactly! Besides, if you open the same number (on the door) as it's the day of the month, it'll be much more easy to keep track of what door to open. I always managed to (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MY FOTW (!)

I was right smack in the window he he he (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Pirate ship with sawn hulls

Cool. I'd love to see some more shots, particularly ones that show the bow and stern hull details - I gotta work out whether my hulls are going under the knife/saw blade :-) Regards Richard Still baldly going... Check out Port Block at (URL) wrote (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Any ideas on how to do this with Technic?

(...) I don't think clutch is the correct term. The white 24t gear cog is normally used to protect the motor from stress. If you use the white gear in a gear train, it will slip if the load becomes too high, which is better than having the motor (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Any ideas on how to do this with Technic?

(...) Actually...I think that is supposed to be a clutch. It also comes in the new 9V motor set 8735. Pat (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.adventurers)

  better scans of the 2000 arctic polar bears?

Does anyone have better scans of the Arctic polar bears in the 2000 catalogue? I'm interested in knowing if they have studs on their backs -- from the Brickshelf scans, it looks like they don't. That would be quite a letdown for me -- I had plans (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Types of Cybermaster

Greetings from Germany, here I saw only the metal case version of Cybermaster. But this case isn't a good one. The metal is very thin aluminium tin. After a short time the case has a lot of dents. I have also another questions... Do anybody know (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.cybermaster)

  Deze sets zijn t/m 4 dec bij V&D voor Airmiles verkrijgbaar: (was LEGO Star Wars Show)

(...) Tot en met 4 december zijn bij V&D de volgende lego-sets (zonder bijbetaling) met Airmiles te verkrijgen: 2048 Duplo Badvriendjes 275 airmiles 2833 Duplo Lila, de grote lawaaimaker 239 airmiles 2984 Duplo Pooh en Knorretje op jacht naar honing (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: When is "Not an Auction" really an auction?

(...) I would agree with this for a single-time sale. But for multiple items (like a securities auction, which is something I've learned a little bit about in the last year) sealed-bid auctions are perfectly reasonable for some types of (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: When is "Not an Auction" really an auction?

(...) My personal opinion is that it's not an auction, for the following reasons: 1) You have "1 seller and multiple (potential) buyers". But, hey, this is a generical market law, almost everything someone decides to sell is available to buy for (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: When is "Not an Auction" really an auction?

(...) I don't think you were over reacting. I'd be pretty pissed if that happened to me too. Let's say I was selling something for $100 (not auctioning) and you agreed to pay me that amount. Then someone else offers me $150. It would be very unfair (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  favicon.ico

Now that I have my own domain, I have been analyzing my traffic logs and I keep seeing request for favicon.ico. I seem to remember a discussion on this being an MSIE feature. Can someone give the lowdown on this or a pointer about it? Paul -- (URL) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: SDK observations

(...) to (...) Forgive my ignorance and my going off-topic, but what's the "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"? Just curious, seems the title of a worth-and-fun-to-read book... Mario Web page: (URL) member page: (URL) member of ItLUG: (URL) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.scout)

  RE: Mindstorms 1.0 still available anywhere?

Try PC World, the one in Swindon had a couple of sets last time I looked. Tony Edgecombe -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of Col Sent: 01 December 1999 20:38 To: (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  FreeNetnames comes up trumps!

It seems almost too good to be true, but by signing up for freenetnames.co.uk internet access you do indeed get a .co.uk or org.uk domain name for free! There are a few conditions (log on every 90 days, no porn on your site, that sort of thing) but (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: FS: MIB 6597 Century Skyway & 6339 Shuttle Launch Pad

(...) I got the point <g> Does "if you are a well known regular Lugnetter" sound better? Mario (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  4561 Railway Express $103.96 at KBKids.com

Flamingoworld.com seems to have a couple new $10 off coupons for KBkids.com as well, potentially bringing the takehome price down to $93.96 (assuming you don't get zapped with sales tax). There are some other good deals as well (e.g., Deep Reef (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: UKLUG Prototype online

Carbon 60 <carbon60@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:FM2y1K.35@lugnet.com... (...) too big, particularly if you run your browser at 640x480 (which I don't, but I thought you, Carbon, told me you did :-) Huw (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Dimensions of a SD40 and GP35

Oops I foot noted without foot noting! [1] "The Great Book of Trains", Brian Hollingsworth and Arthur Cook, Salamander Books Ltd, London 1998, ISBN 0 86101 919 9. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dimensions of a SD40 and GP35

My thinking was this: I did not want to give up on the SD 40-2 because of the six wheel per truck issue, but I knew I would need a four wheel per truck to provide power for my train if I made the SD 40-2 a dummy engine which I did to make the six (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  R: Un SACCO di cose sul sito ItLUG

logo: l'ultima versione è quella che prefereisco (mattoncini verde e rosso, lug con logo lego) frame: primo esempio -- Ciao, Francesco www.lumezzane.com/francesco francesco@lumezzane.com proud member of: www.itlug.org Mario Ferrari (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Motor not turning - help please

If you buy a kit with a motor and it doesn't work you should get it replace by the store or manufacturer. It does plenty: It keep you from getting angry / keep you happy It helps them (Lego) see the DOA product count so they can target improved (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: SDK observations

(...) In a sample code, it mentions 42 as being 'the ultimate answer'. Eric (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.scout)

  Woohoo! 12 minifigs for $3.76!

My tru.com coupon purchase came in yesterday. I ordered two 6326 (Town folks) for $6.00 each, minus $9 off using (URL) coupon Free shipping too! BTW, I think free shipping ended yesterday :-( Thanks to whoever posted www.flamingoworld.com here! (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: part # request.

Wait, are you modeling a part without having the part in hand? Is that wise? Just curious. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  IR tower timeout question

Hi guys, I am trying to build a java interface to legOS Lego Networking Protocol. Before everyone who doesn't have legOS 0.2.2 running closes this message the question doesn't really concern the final outcome :) Good, now the question is that I read (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  southern LUG name game

let's vote on a name already! we have ten interested (and interesting!) people so far, which is a GREAT start! let's hear from some more fine southerners! craig livingston is ready to start on our web page, so a decision is needed. there seem to be (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Re: When is "Not an Auction" really an auction?

I'd go with bad manners and you were not overreacting. But then, that's just me. Steve Martin wrote: <ersatz auction story> (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: MyFamily coupon

I did not get that error. I was pretty underwhelmed by the prices and the shipping charges, though... 4 each for two sets of dacta red slopes??? The 50 off took some of the sting out of it. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Has anybody tried to make the Asland Plaza Hotel?

(...) Just a WAG here, I'm gonna go with Ashland, Kentucky. Dunno why I guess that, though. :) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ky, lugnet.build)

  Re: Received my RIS 1.5 Upgrade Kit

I got mine yesterday ... and I didn't even order it! .... although I had tried several times since Oct 15th I made a few calls to Lego Canada, and Mindstorms, and sent/rec'd afew emails trying to order it, but no one at Lego (at that time) could (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Elephantastic!

There is an entire set NRFB on eBay now containing an elephant (#207766857). It ends tomorrow (maybe today where you are!) and is out of Italy. Maggie Cambron (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: When is "Not an Auction" really an auction?

(...) Actually, I just had a even screwier variation on this. I had an email solicitation that follows (minus identifying details): My name is Chris. I have set 4555 Frieght Loading Station and 4537 Twin Tank Transporter, due to finances I have to (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: MyFamily coupon

(...) Yes, I just got the sets today. I just used the code that I posted before as the coupon. Steve Martin (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: MyFamily coupon

Unfortunately, I just tried to use that coupon, and got an interested error - "Sorry, that coupon isn't valid yet". YET?? I thought you already used it ;-) (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO Outlet @ Potomac Mills Mall is now shipping!

(...) Well, I did get my call from them today to ship my 5840s; I asked about some older lines and got the answer that they're getting several boxes of Skeleton Crew 6232 (at least that's from the description the fellow gave to me). So look for (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Partsref is Moving to LUGNET

(...) Yeah I was thinking that the third size should be a composite of four views top, left, bottom, and right. Should the floor be kept in this kind of view? Ie: Rotate Part over floor rather than 4 Cameras, nuking the floor only on the bottom (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Advent Calendar Fun!

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) And I saw both snowplow and locomotive... I just built a nice, if ordinary truck. Make a 2x6 double plate platform out of the blue 2x2 and 2x4 and red 2x3s. Put the yellow slope and 1x2 on the front, clear (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: Canadian Tire

Ditto - I'd want up to 50 of the 2885s. If someone can pick them up for me, I'd really appreciate it. Especially if it is someone I trade with at cost before ;-) I'd only want about 10 in the box, the rest could be crammed into one box (though it (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: part # request.

(...) is the glass portion removable, also, what does the bottom look like? because i am goin of that 1 photo for it sofar, from what i can see, i think the center portion are stud tubes? or is it a "wall"? (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: 4561 modifications

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) Budd (...) powered, (...) was (...) I (...) Interesting. I put a search for Buddliner into Altavista, and the first entry it popped up was for the Lexington and West Cambridge railroad, whose right of way (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

Oops. (...) in the width of apparent waist, but she has a shoulder strap and belt with buckle, too. So it is a significantly different torso. It wasn't the grog that made her look thicker -- there's no visible lacing on her blouse. A pirate wench's (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Serial hookup follow-up

Oops. I realize I didn't provide much info in my previous post so I'll try more explicit. I've built the entire charger/serial interface unit and was following the final debug steps but was stopped at the last step of 3.2.2 in the assembly manual. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Partsref is Moving to LUGNET

Excellent! After looking at them I think that other perspectives are more important than colors. Have you tried experimenting with the ambient light option in povray? I don't think l3p gives you that option but you can modify the pov files l3p (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  IR tower Com Port Speed

With my USB Multifunctional hub, I discovered with the com ports, I can accually set the speeds (110 to 921600 bits/s) of the port, has anyone tried to see if increasing the port speed will help improve IR communications between the computer and the (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: reference material

(...) sieges. (...) I have the book _Castle_ by David McCauley, real good book. You also might check out the book _Castles Their Construction and History_ by Sidney Toy. It should be at the library as well. Dan (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego train club for the Saint Louis area?

(...) Someone needs to take charge and decide on a place to meet or this thread is going nowhere. I don't know what else we can do at this point. Any sugestions? John Warren (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ky)

  Re: Has anybody tried to make the Asland Plaza Hotel?

(...) What town is this hotel in? John (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ky, lugnet.build)

  Re: Ben's Millenium Falcon in Swedish television!

You deserve all the recognition you can get. :) It's not possible to tell on geocities. To do that you would need to use SSI or have access to the server logs, both of which are not possible with geocities. However, you could use their counter, but (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Part variation noted

I don't exactly know what year they did it (1989 perhaps?), but the classic minifig heads are no longer a solid stud on top, but instead open with a "Y" on the inside. -Jeremy. (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Partsref is Moving to LUGNET

(...) I Started this Several Weeks ago, I have already run Pov-Ray for the Thumbs and the Large Size. I have only the two sizes done so far. What would you call normal Size, I had not figured out a good third size any suggestions? All pngs, 128x96 (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  FA(eBay): tiles black, grey, white and colored

128 Black Tiles (URL) grey tiles (light & dark) (URL) white tiles (URL) colored tiles (red/yellow/blue/purple) (URL) Email: kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com Web page: (URL) Page: (URL) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Advent Calendar Fun!

(...) Clearly this is in the eye of the beholder... Taya said on seeing that one "nice snowplow" At this scale, with these bricks, things can be more than one thing. (...) local (...) Hear Hear. ++Lar (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: Happy December!

(...) seem (...) Definitively: you start at 1 and go to 24, matching the days on the calendar. That's why it's called an advent *calendar*, not an advent goodie countdown. I had one of these every year from when I was just a toddler until I was (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: part # request.

(...) It's also in the big shuttle set from the 1999 Launch Command series, as well as the Shell promo station. 30264 is on the blue filter part; 30343 is on the white portion. -Jeremy. (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Tilt

I tested the touch sensor approach...I think it will take too much weight/force to trigger the touch sensor. I'm now working on using the Mindstorms light sensor as a tilt sensor. I hung a freely swinging brick flush against the light sensor. As the (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 4561 modifications

(...) Yes. Buddliners (note the extra D). THERE's a hybrid. These evolved out of Budd RDCs, I think, and I have heard of versions of these that are Diesel powered, electric powered and unpowered. The unpowered ones are the so called "first (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  ldraw.org December Model of the Month Winner

The winner for ldraw.org's December Model of the Month competition is Thomas Burger, with his 'Datsville LMT Out From MacArthur Tunnel' image. Check it out at (URL) Congrats Tom! -Tim Courtney ldraw.org Project Coordinator (URL) timcourtne ICQ: (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Resubmission of: Trailer on Flatcar (TOFC)

(...) roadrailer yes.. ideas ideas.. i might go ahead and use that! (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4561 modifications

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) or (...) of (...) ground (...) level (...) tracks. (...) There is also some commuter rail which is self powered, though I think Budliners are getting rare. I used to ride these into Boston quite (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: converting Mac to PC and the Lego remote

(...) I assume you want to move an NQC program (and not the compiler itself) from a Mac to a PC. If so, just copy the file. The NQC language is the same regardless of the environment it is used in (Mac, Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, OS/2...) Also, the (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Any ideas on how to do this with Technic?

(...) That's where the friction in the pulley comes into play. Your system will need to accelerate initially to attain some sort of velocity. The friction will eventually (and pretty quickly if you fine-tune it right) counter act the acceleration, (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Any ideas on how to do this with Technic?

(...) want. (...) No daftness at all - a good guess. I didn't know it wasn't in version 1.0. It's in the 1.5 version. I haven't found a use for it yet, although it is on p. 59 of the 1.5 Constructopedia and on their parts page inside the back cover. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.adventurers)

  (no subject)

I checked the archives for this one but couldn't find the response that might fix it so I apologize in advance for the umteenth time at asking this. I'm currently building the HB and have completed the charger board. All the voltages work out fine (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: External Power Port Problem..?

(...) hi Ralph, I am wondering..... How did you find out about this particular combination? : ) John (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) of (...) on (...) I just checked with my credit card company and they don't have a problem with it. As long as the funds are available when the sales enquiry is made then it can get shipped to wherever the card holder wants it to go. I took (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 8480 for $330 ?!

And when those run out Zany Brainy has a bazillion of them in each store at $149, although they have been known to spontaneously drop prices on big items from time to time. KL (...) the (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  RE: Advent Calendar Fun!

(...) And now I have to chime in.... Nice microfig scale train locomotive. My kids can't wait either. Especially because they want an Advent Calendar and I said that until I can see the floor in Owen's room for two days straight - no more LEGO! This (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: Happy December!

(...) Good Question - I never thought about it. Remembering back to my youth, I seem to recall that the 24 was the biggest and most important door, so I would assume that to be the last door. ie Start at number 1 as I'm sure you've seen in a few (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 8480 for $330 ?!

I believe the LEGO outlet store in Potomac Mills Mall, VA has these for $89. I don't know how many they have but I was there earlier this week and the stock on display was dwindling. KL (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  FS: arches

Hi, I have the following arches for sale: 18 gray 1x12x3 stepped full arches - $1 a piece 18 red 1x5x4 stepped inverted half arches - $.75 a piece E-mail if interested! Eric (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: 8856 instructions finished

(...) scan (...) jumbled LEGO from a friend (for free!!) and I'm slowly trying to identify all the sets I have. Not an easy task, but one made a bit easier with help from Lugnet and Brickshelf. Pete Callaway (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.db.scans)

  Re: Advent Calendar Fun!

(...) Dec. (...) morning to see what #2 is. ++Lar (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) don't (...) Email me your address and I'll send you one, Dave. Then, out of the blue, give something to someone else gratis. =) -- jthompson@esker.com "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ordinery vs. action minifigs

(...) except (...) I was thinking of this figure. (URL) you thinking of this one, Steve? (URL) you mean the forestman with the colored collar, that's an interesting contrast to the figure I was thinking about. The plate mail (or if someone has a (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Advent Calendar Fun!

I ran out and bought a copy of the 1298 Advent Calendar tonight ('cos it's Dec. 1). Anyway, I thought it might be fun to post some silly pics of alternate models I made from the Dec. 1 set bag. I hope to build three or four alternates from each (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: UKLUG Prototype online

Carbon 60 <carbon60@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:FM2y1K.35@lugnet.com... (...) and (...) I'm sure you guys won't mind fellow Commonwealthonians (1) (2) (3) joining in the discussions? ;) Sanjay (1) Or should that be Commonwealthtites, or (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I think it's very thoughtful of folks to make this offer but people thinking of taking folks up on it may want to check with their CC companies. Several of my cards do not allow shiptos to differ from billtos... Just something to check on (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Legofest Update

(...) Tim, I know I'm not the one to ding folks for posting in the wrong area, but does this stuff belong in lugnet.general ? I'd recommend replacing lugnet.general with lugnet.org.us . Other than that, your groups list looks fine. Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) I'm not going to use my 10% offer, so if anyone is interested in it let me know. The GBP to AUD exchange rate still kills the good deals. LarryP's factoring service could come into play if someone wants me to order something for them. Going (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 4561 modifications

(...) Yes. Time for a little lesson: Commuter: rolling stock built to freight/passenger railroad standards, typically operates on freight right of way (ROW). Couplers typically interoperate with freight/amtrak stock. Power is usually locomotive (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: Happy December!

Ok, I've got probably a stupid question about the Advent Calendar... which door do you open? 1 cuz it's the 1st.. or do you open 24 so you can count down the days till christmas? and leave number 1 till christmas day or christmas eve?? I was a (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO for Life Sweepstakes

(...) Yes, me too. This is very annoying... but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know how to solve this? (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego train club for the Saint Louis area?

(...) in (...) If anyone else would be interested in something local (St. Louis), or something regional (central-mid america), please get involved in this thread. I have forwarded this message to Ill., Ky., and the rest of the US. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.ky)

  Ooops!

I can see that I have succumbed to the usual stuff one sees when this topic comes up for discussion. I guess the problem either way is that one's reputation is at stake and often it takes little more than one disgruntled or overzealous person to (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: A change in attitude: was Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)

(...) I've been thinking a lot about this and I have to say that I don't think I'd contribute the black hopper into the PD... I plan instead to sell copies with instructions, but with carefully worded retention of rights by me prohibiting (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: 8480 for $330 ?!

I can get this new in box at a store I stopped in the other day.. if anyone wants them. let me know. They were 159.00 plus tax, plus shipping, if you really need to have one mail me. Though be forewarned, I'd need the money first :( I don't have the (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Canadian Tire

(...) Dont forget that USAians can get GST (but not PST) back. Costs a stamp. (...) OK, I'll pay for shipping. But I don't care if these are squished down, I just want them for parts. And .55 on 1.70 is not a bad profit margin. In absolute terms (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: When is "Not an Auction" really an auction?

(...) This gets up my nose too. (1) I tend to think a bit less of the seller after they do that(2). There is an instance of that going on right now, although I shall omit most of the details... someone offered some things, not thinking they were (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: LEGO Outlet @ Potomac Mills Mall is now shipping!

(...) Kinda like the BB website? That would rock. (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) Well, of course I'm not _lying_. I might be misremembering, but I'm not LYING. If I were lying, Larry wouldn't have followed up on my post and flushed it out with some details. Maybe it was Simon, or Bill, of Juakim. If I weren't coming down (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.market.shopping)

  LNP not multitasking proof ?

Hi there, during my study of LNP i just stumbled across a point where i doubt it's not multitasking proof. it's related to transmissions of lnp-messages. lnp_logical_write() is ok, it waits for semaphore tx_sem at the beginning and posts the (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Skipped 9 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.statistics, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact