 Pirates / 225
Re: Pirate ship with sawn hulls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 09:47:57 GMT

Cool.  I'd love to see some more shots, particularly ones that show the bow
and stern hull details - I gotta work out whether my hulls are going under
the knife/saw blade :-)

Regards

Richard
Still baldly going...
Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/

Chuckiem wrote in message ...
In lugnet.pirates, Richard Parsons writes:
I like it fine, and the hull looks most interesting.  How did you join the
two bow parts together, and the two stern parts together?

Chuckiem wrote in message ...

This is my first ship i built with hulls i cut in two with my bandsaw.
Please let me know if you like it

thanks matt

www.geocities.com/hadgm/matt1.html

Thanks Richard

I used 1X   to join the bow and stern  but to make it sturdy i filled the • gap
between the sewed half with 2x's  and then used flat plates on top and • bottom
of hull pieces to make it strong.  I think it makes the stern look better • and
it has two rudders instead of one.

I have since modified the ship two hulls longer and more levels in stern • and
bow. I will try and get this picks up soon.

Matt