 Pirates / 226
225  |  227
Subject:
Choosing a Digital Camera/New Photos Up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 06:14:57 GMT

All-

Well, I went out and found a camera that was under $200.  It's only 850K
pixels, but it seems to work all right, and what's more it's in colour
and it's no worse than my horrible film photography.  At least this way
I don't waste film or time.

The new stuff, including a seagoing turreted ironclad built with four
6280 center sections, colour photos of one of the ubiquitous destroyers,
and two decent shots of my little blue folding seaplane that was
standard on my larger warships before.  I'll add the autogyro later--the
camera seems to handle all-black fairly well.  The URL:

http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/digicam.html

Oh, and don't hesitate to tell me if spending another $100-$200 would
really be worth it; I'm new to digital cameras and their problems, but
already I see an improvement.  That's the real question here right
now--whether to return and trade up or rest with what I've got. (Only a
couple of pictures, notably the ironclad foredeck, are at the "fine"
resolution.)

best,

Lindsay

---