 Publishing / 1226
Re: Choosing a Digital Camera/New Photos Up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 06:23:33 GMT

Hari Wiguna wrote:

Oh, and don't hesitate to tell me if spending another $100-$200 would
really be worth it; I'm new to digital cameras and their problems, but
already I see an improvement

You get what you you can afford.  My limit was $300, and I got an Olympus
D340R.  I wish I have ZOOM, and I wish it can take better pictures without
flash, but I'm happy with my purchase.
There are better cameras, but they cost more.
I think you got a fine $200 camera.

Yeah, that's about what I'm thinking--macro doesn't come in until the $500
range.  With a tripod (which I bought tonight), much of my arthritic shake
should vanish.

Here's an example of what it can do:

Before:
http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/ironclad_profile.jpg

After (Sharpen and Gamma Correction):
http://www.idrive.com/hwiguna/web/ironclad_profile.jpg

Y'know, I've been doing gamma correction--but the photo program that came with
my camera doesn't have an easily-located gamma key.  So those ones aren't
corrected or sharpened--but I'm going to go back to doing it.  As you pointed
out, it really does improve the image.  I may check out that viewer if I can't
get my old photo program to mate to my camera.

PS: Excellent model!

Thanks!  Now if only I could score a BSB hull...;)

best,

Lindsay