 Pirates / 232
Re: Choosing a Digital Camera/New Photos Up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 05:10:12 GMT

Oh, and don't hesitate to tell me if spending another $100-$200 would
really be worth it; I'm new to digital cameras and their problems, but
already I see an improvement

You get what you you can afford.  My limit was $300, and I got an Olympus
D340R.  I wish I have ZOOM, and I wish it can take better pictures without
flash, but I'm happy with my purchase.
There are better cameras, but they cost more.
I think you got a fine $200 camera.

Actually the real reason for my post is to tell you about IrfanView.
It is a free file viewer, BUT it does soo much more!
Among other things, I use it to "touch-up" my photos.
IrfanView is available at:
http://stud1.tuwien.ac.at/~e9227474/

Here's an example of what it can do:

Before:
http://www.msu.edu/user/braunli1/ironclad_profile.jpg

After (Sharpen and Gamma Correction):
http://www.idrive.com/hwiguna/web/ironclad_profile.jpg

I hope you don't mind me posting that photo (there's no link to it except
from this msg).
Lugnet does not allow posting of photos here.
I will remove it soon.

PS: Excellent model!