 Pirates / 238
Re: Choosing a Digital Camera/New Photos Up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 05:20:36 GMT

Frank Filz wrote in message ...

[ ... snipped ... ]

What brand is it? I just saw a camera in Best Buy for $129. Mike Walsh • has
been telling me to watch for a new camera, and I think the Best Buy • camera
might be the one (hope to ask him today before running out shopping this
evening).

Here is the camera that I was telling Frank Filz about:

http://www.mustek.com.tw/News/nw_1020_2cf.html

It is based on a chipset from SoundVision (http://www.soundvisioninc.com)
that my company, Mentor Graphics (http://www.mentor.com), designed.  The
camera is targeted at the entry level consumer and amatuer digital
photographer.  Although it only takes VGA size pictures, the resolution I
have seen looks pretty good.  The prototype I saw this past summer also
would record something like 30 seconds of MPEG video but from the web site
it doesn't look like this production version does.  I am not sure what the
retail price will be but I have an opportunity to buy one for $100 through
my employer.  I figure for $100 I can't really go wrong so I am going to buy
one.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh