 General / 11085
RE: Advent Calendar Fun!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 03:09:28 GMT

Thomas Main writes:

I ran out and bought a copy of the 1298 Advent Calendar tonight ('cos it's • Dec.
1).  Anyway, I thought it might be fun to post some silly pics of alternate
models I made from the Dec. 1 set bag.  I hope to build three or four
alternates from each mini-bag and post them daily to my web page.  Here's the
first day:

http://members.xoom.com/brickenplate/calendar1.html

Then Larry wrote:

Nice. Taya especially liked the frog. Both my kids can hardly wait for tomorrow
morning to see what #2 is.

And now I have to chime in....

Nice microfig scale train locomotive. My kids can't wait either. Especially because
they want an Advent Calendar and I said that until I can see the floor in Owen's
room for two days straight - no more LEGO!

This brings about the annual plea to buy as many buckets of LEGO as you feel you
can afford and donate them to local charity. All of us agree that LEGO is a wonderful
toy that (generally) requires no batteries, no computer, no instructions, and
no trading cards! OK you DO need a bit of imagination, but that comes with practice.

Rather than donating cash or really stupid toys, please remember to fill your local
toy drives with LEGO buckets.

Nuff said.

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng