 Robotics / 8742
Re: Received my RIS 1.5 Upgrade Kit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 06:33:48 GMT

I got mine yesterday ... and I didn't even order it! .... although I had
tried several times since Oct 15th
I made a few calls to Lego Canada, and Mindstorms, and sent/rec'd afew
emails trying to order it, but no one at Lego (at that time) could  take my
order.  It might seem like a freebie but they will get it back big time.
My youngest has had a lot of fun with the Crazy Contraptions and other Lego
things that have 'good' instructions, and has seen the new Constuctopedia
and thinks that he can now build robots too - and from the descriptions of
the new (modified) programming environment it should be even easier for him.
I can see it now ... automate pirate ships firing cannons at the cat.....

Michael Jorgensen <jorgensen@iprimus.ca> wrote in message
Hi,

FYI...I received my RIS 1.5 Upgrade Kit form S@H Canada on Monday...about • 2
weeks after ordering it.  It was free and I didn't even pay S/H.  The • postage
on the box was about $3.45 (Can.).  Nice surprise, since I figured it • would be
months in coming.  When I called, they had none in stock and didn't know • what
the S?H charges would be (if any).  Someone else who lives in my area also • got
their kit the same day.