 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 259
Re: converting Mac to PC and the Lego remote
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 03:56:20 GMT

In article <FM2KxB.Bz2@lugnet.com>, "Jenny" <jenbkr@iastate.edu> wrote:

Are there any reference pages that show how to convert nqc from a Mac to a PC
version, vice versa?  Or perhaps a program that will do it?

I assume you want to move an NQC program (and not the compiler itself)
from a Mac to a PC.  If so, just copy the file.  The NQC language is the
same regardless of the environment it is used in (Mac, Windows, Linux,
FreeBSD, OS/2...)

Also, the two IDEs (MacNQC and RcxCC) use the same compiler as the command
line version of NQC, so again programs are portable.

I am also having some trouble with the Lego remote.  It can send messages to a
RCX, but I only am able to do this using Lego Mindstorms.  Does anyone know
the code you have to use?
thanks much
Jenny

I think something like this will work (it plays a sound each time if
receives a message):

task main()
{
  while(true)