  *77440 (-100)
  Re: Building Bridges

(...) (URL) - I'm notoriously bad at keeping it up-to-date. I've got 2 snaps of the 1st edition bridge - chain-link, single-track, very thin deck. Send me mail & pester me to take some more shots of it tomorrow when I'm at work :) I'll post them at (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Building Bridges

(...) Yup, but I cheat a bit. The track is in four zones: 2 on the bridge (each of two parallel tracks), and one more for each turnabout. The bridge zones are trivial - each is only 7 track segments long. I'm away from my track designer, so I can't (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Radio shack basic electronics book

(...) Hi Jonathan, try Conrad Electronics. They claim to be the biggest electronics online store in Europe. They have a "real" store here in Munich and I'm used to visit it. Their international site is at www.conrad-electronic.com (in English). They (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Golden Tap Inn posted

Ben I think it is called half-timbered construction Don't know the style (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Building Bridges

(...) Lift Bridge. I'm actually on my second version; the first was lifted by long chain-link chains and powered from the top of the towers. It only carried a single track, and the deck was quite light, and a little flimsy. I ran into difficulty (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Memberships - so many people I don't know

Todd, have you ever calculated how many people read LUGNET articles vs. how many post articles? I.e. how many are lurking? The rule of thumb that I've seen for most major mailing lists and newsgroups is that 5-10% of the members actually post. I'd (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Using Cybermaster with NQC in MPW on macintosh.

I haven't used CyberMaster myself, but I know someone was able to get it working with a Mac. CyberMaster expects DTR to be asserted and RTS to be cleared. I'm not sure if "asserted" means +9 or -9. I know data lines (TXD, RXD) are inverted, but I (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Unified UK Lego Web Page/Community?

I also spoke to Carbon60 about some sort of UK AFOL Map, classic smileys representing the location of AFOLS, clicking upon which takes you to their homepage, other icons could be shops, Fests, clubs, events etc, all taking the viewer to the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: 2000 sets should appear this weekend

(...) Mark, just to confirm -- you mean this *coming* Friday/Saturday, and not this weekend that we're in right at the moment? If so, that would mean December 3 or 4, which would be perfectly in alignment with previous years... --Todd (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Fantastic site

(...) I think the "problem" is that there are so many LEGO sites these days that some of the excellent ones get lost. I don't see any secrecy surrounding Eric Brok's site...I fairly certain that LEGO on my Mind has been selected as Cool LEGO Site of (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Fest Spares Removal Service

(...) The circles in the diagram are studs, if you peer very closely at your monitor, you will see the little Lego logos. -- Liam. (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Fantastic site

(...) What secrecy? Cool Lego Site of the Week #20: (URL) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Memberships - so many people I don't know

Here's a data point for you: I scanned: (URL) as of right now (76 members), there are only 6 (1) names that I don't recognise. But then, I tend to remember a lot of stuff, no one likes to play Trivial Pursuit against me, and I haven't given up on (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.people)

  Re: does datsville need jobs?i think i have the answer

You may want to crib from the GMLTC car shop. That building has actual roof trusses. They aren't load bearing in that building, but they could be. Most of the building is my work, but Conan came up with the truss idea and it's a doozy. It's not as (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  S@H rep's comments

I just place an order for all the service packs I wanted and could afford right now. This was due to the rumors of Lego being dumb enough to discontinue service packs. The rep told me that I was lucky they had all of the packs that I wanted. She (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Fantastic site

(...) <snip> Ok, so why the secrecy?? ;) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: does datsville need jobs?i think i have the answer

(...) Thomas, I have a building that is real (not cad) that is @230, by 41, by 9 (studs) :) Car factory, and it is also missing all interior, and a roof. I really cannot figure out how to make a roof for it, so it is going to be a open air factory, (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Announcing Auction 9 Volt Train Sets

* * * Auction 9 Volt Train Sets * * * L Set Name St Bid Bidder 1 - 9v Trains Start Set - 50 min. 2 4537 Twin Tank Transport - 25 min. 3 4544 Car Transport Wagon - 25 min. 4 4548 Speed Regulator - 20 min. 5 4551 Crocodile Engine - 75 min. 6 4552 (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Unified UK Lego Web Page/Community?

An excellent idea, and one Carbon60 and I have been discussing via e-mail. If you sign up with www.freenetnames.co.uk you get a free .co.uk domain name, as well as web space, so a meaningful name could be chosen. I won't reveal what Simon is (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: ITLUG Meeting

(...) Spero che abbiate ormai tutti (tranne il nostro amico di Roma per cui la strada e' assai lunga) raggiunto le vostre dimore. Grazie per la partecipazione a questo primo ritrovo ufficiale e per le belle cose che mi avete fatto vedere. Per la (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  ITLUG Meeting

Oggi si e` tenuto a casa di Marco Berti il primo incontro ufficiale dei membri dell'ITLUG. Il gruppo di Varese ci tiene particolarmente a ringraziare la dolce consorte del nostro ospite per l'ottima accoglienza (leggi: crema al mascarpone) (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Memberships - so many people I don't know

(...) I didn't mean that to sound insulting -- sorry. (...) I thought of one other reason -- it has to do with name frequencies...see what you think about this theory: When scanning articles in newsgroups, there are usually a whole bunch of posts (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.people)

  Railcar manufacturing facility (Was: does datsville need jobs?i think i have the answer)

Thomas Burger: (...) Nice building. I look forward to when you get time to put some equipment inside the building. One thing though. I would like to hear how the Aerotech engineers pulled the stunt with the roof on the building. I can't see any (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego In Chu?

(...) Do you have a scanner? I think the LEGO community would be interested in seeing this -- clones are always of interest, and a direct rip-off like that would be, too. If you put pictures of the sets up on the web, they could be forwarded to (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego In Chu?

(...) Yep, I've seen those too. The name on the box is rather appropriate: "SHIFTY". The box art is not just like Lego, it *is* the Lego art for those sets: sometimes you can even see the lego logo in the pieces in the picture. I bought one a while (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What part set are included?

(...) As you can guess, it's an impossible task to have all parts available but there are almost 1500 parts right now. The RCX is done, as well as some MS sensors and lots of technic parts. Leonardo (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Directional transmission, single output

All, I'm working on a directional transmission (running the motor one way does one thing, running it the other way does something else), but with a single output shaft. The idea is that when I run the motor forward, it will give me very slow (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: does datsville need jobs?i think i have the answer

Wow, that's BIG. Maybe I'll take some notes and try to model the GMLTC car shop when I am in MPLS week after next. (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  2000 sets should appear this weekend

This is not a promise, because I am not sure, but both LIC centres should recive thier usual shipments of 2000 sets this Friday or Saturday. Living so close, I vist WDW very frequently and was supposed to go this Friday. Sadly, I am unable to go (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  My wanted list

If you have parts for sale, please review the following (URL) let me know if there's anything that you might be able to supply. Reminder, I credit for parts against stuff I sell, too. If you think my prices are too high, jump on them! If you think (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  (canceled)

  Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!

"Nephilim" <jthompson@esker.com> wrote in message news:FLwpz7.M8v@lugnet.com... (...) I remember some form of sci-fi type ship that did that. course in the early 80s I was about 10 so things are a bit foggy. I know I didn't own one, but a 'rich (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  What part set are included?

I tried using LDRAW quickly ... noted I didn't give it much of a chance, but I seemed to have a hard time getting it to draw properly. Parts disappeared and they didn't seem to line up right. It didn't seem like a good solid program. LeoDraw looks (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Re: Fantastic site

Welcome Newbies... long timers know all about Mr. Brok's site. :-) It is truly stupendous. The Train Station diorama has set a benchmark for realism and detail level that hasn't been topped yet... If I were making a top ten sites to visit list, Lego (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  ebay some white slopes,plates & more...

I have up at ebay 1x2x3 slopes, 2x2 inverse slopes, 4x4 white plates & 4x4/1x4 hinge sets (different auctions, not all in one auction). All white. (URL) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Fantastic site

(...) Wow that has to be the greatest train set up I have ever seen!! So muck detail, so many different trains!!!! Who is the person who created them??? Rich (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Auczilla Winnings

Todd I sent you an E-Mail regarding when my Auczilla winnings would be sent and I have not get a reply. Earlier I posted here and you said you would E-mail me and let me know the status. Please let me know what is going on. It has been five months (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Unified UK Lego Web Page/Community?

(...) I know what you mean ie. - in a proper sense, the Glasgow DK event should maybe have been discussed in loc.uk.sc or even loc.uk.sc.gl But then as it is a touring event, people planning to go to the other ones could have missed the review of it (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Land Rover SWB Truckcab  [DAT]

0 FILE ROVERSWB.DAT 0 Land Rover Short Wheelbase Truckcab 0 Name: ROVERSWB.DAT 0 Author: Fredrik Glöckner 1 0 0 0 -90 0 0 1 0 1 0 -1 0 0 3020.DAT 0 STEP 1 0 0 -8 30 0 0 1 0 1 0 -1 0 0 2445.DAT 1 7 0 -8 -100 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3023.DAT 1 7 -10 -8 -120 (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Transmitting Pictures

Does anybody know if you can send pictures over the IR link from a webcam or something like it? The other messages in the Wireless Robots thread hinted at this, so I was wondering if it could be done. Andy (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Golden Tap Inn posted

(...) I liked that too! And the use of inverted black arcs, also. (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!

(...) On reflection (and a shower) I have to agree about the Insectoids. They do fit my definition of true space. Were I not to admit that, I'd be a racist. Just cause they don't have yellow heads is no excuse not to include them. I guess they just (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Golden Tap Inn posted

(...) castle. Wow!! Wish I had space for something that immense. Ed "Boxer" Jones (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Memberships - so many people I don't know

(...) Of course I can, although I wouldn't call it a "safe zone". (...) [I wrote]: (...) and (...) clique. (...) That's a definitive given. [major snip - none of which I disagree with] (...) a (...) "Clique" was a poor choice of words. I have not (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.people)

  Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!

(...) Smile. That works. But by that definition, at least in my universe, the Insectoid sets are definitely space sets - they don't seem particularly war-oriented - no more so than any other space theme I can think of, and much less so than the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!

I just mean that "true" space themes to me were the 1980's sets based on little yellow headed people exploring the galaxy (like in the original idea book). It is mostly a feeling I have from my childhood when LEGO was a peaceful universe where they (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Fantastic site

(...) I second that. Wow. WOW. What a site. Informative, Elegant. If you haven't checked it out, I highly recommend that you do. Brilliant. I haven't managed to see the whole site yet, but you can bet it'll be in my bookmark list for a while. Thanks (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!

(...) LEGO ships the insectoid sets in boxes marked "Space." They're in the right set number range to be a part of the Space line. They consist of little guys with helmets riding around in spaceships and ground vehicles, just like all the other (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.space)

  Re: Memberships - so many people I don't know

(...) even (...) seems (...) That's one of the reasons I like reading lugnet from the "main screen" (the primary URL, www.lugnet.com). It displays messages from all the newsgroups. I do some picking and choosing, of course, but it helps counter my (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  MISB:UPDATE LEGO AUCTION ENDING TRAIN 9V + MODELTEAM WITHIN 10 HOURS ON EBAY

hallo to all lego collectors around the world: I do have following very desirable sets , of course mint in unopened box up for auction on EBAY: MODELTEAM: LEGO MODEL TEAM 5580 MISB - HUGHE WOW !!!!!!! 150$ LEGO MODEL TEAM 5541 MISB - HUGHE WOW (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Using Cybermaster with NQC in MPW on macintosh.

Hi all, I am having problems talking to my cybermaster from MPW on the mac. Heres my set up Mac B&W g3 with gport card providing the serial port. mac modem cable (mini 8 pin to DB-25) connected to serial port DB-25 from modem cable connected to (...) (25 years ago, 27-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  New part: Brick 1 x 4 x 2 with 1 x 2 x 1 Centre Stud Top  [DAT]

Prompted by Mike Walsh's WTB/WTT request for this part, on looking for the LDraw description I was unable to find it ... so here is the part. Decription is still open to change. I think its most popular recent use is in the BSB, but suspect it dates (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Old Parts replaced by Newer Versions?

(...) In general, yes, we try to include variants where these are either visibly different (like solid-stud vs. hollow stud minifig heads), or functionally different. It's all a matter of priority (and access to the parts themseleves). What is most (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  right.....IM BACk

Anyway, im back from where ever it is I go during the week! I got a question how do you make a buttload of doors on a big battleship (out in space) if you have no door peices & you dont want to buy more peices cuz your on a tight budget thanks to (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Fantastic site

It's not my site :) but I don't know if everyone has seen this site or not: (URL) couldn't believe some of the good work that's been done on these models (mostly trains). Wow. -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman (URL) "If you strike me down, I shall become (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO books for "FREE"

(...) Of course, I noticed this little disclaimer in the popup window the site triggers: "Shipping method will be selected by BUY.COM." I hope they don't "select" the trickle-down method, or the messenger prairie-dog method, or the galley slave (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Adventurers construction ideas

James Howse <jehowse@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FLwBsq.693@lugnet.com... (...) some (...) great (...) about 6 (...) start. You're right, I'd forgotten about that one. With a middle prop, it would be very much like the Temple of Doom plane. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  does datsville need jobs?i think i have the answer

Introducing the biggest model ever built , 144 studs by 96 studs, by 21 bricks high, is my "RAILCAR MANUFACTURING FACILITY" 90% of it was done in SIMLEGO, currently 11 seporite dat files make up the whole thing (bunch of addons) homepage : (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO books for "FREE"

(...) Todd- I'd be really surprised if he didn't. After all, his monies are drawn from what the retailer pays the distributor, and as far as we know it's buy.com who's taking the hit on their P/L to promote their site. All that matters is they sold (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Adventurers construction ideas

(...) Have a look at the new plane for next year. A large red/grey sea-plane about 6 studs, it's in the 2000 catalogue,top middle/right (URL) looks like it could go the distance. If not, it's a great place to start. James from Oz. P.S. as for th WWI (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: MLCad wishlist (was Re: Ice Cream

(...) Thanks for the detailed commentary, and of course I have comments on your comments. I have snipped a lot of stuff so readers who come in late should re-read Mike's post, where I agreed with him I just cut it away in a lot of cases. (...) It (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Mindstorms robot demo. arm at Media Play

The Media Play on Redwood road (Murray, UT) has an interactive Mindstorms display that I have never seen before. The display is essentially the robot arm/hand that is depicted on the back of the Mindstorms box. The display has been produced by Lego (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ut)

  Re: Wireless Robots ---- Do we need a protocol?

Xanthra, Sorry I didn't respond to this sooner, I've been off in SC for the week (holiday). Anyhow, what do you think about using a VB TCP control to set up communication between he Robot and the laptop (rather than ASP) ASPs are easy but is there (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO books for "FREE"

(...) Thanks for the great tip on this one, Hari. Lugnet heresy, I actually used this deal to score a free non-lego book. I used it to get Angela's Ashes for my wife as a Christmas present. We have a $ limit on gifts, so anything I can get her for (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Memberships - so many people I don't know

Good point. lugnet.people, seems to me, is just the thing to try to combat it. I think Lugnet is BIGGER than RTL is, at least in terms of people who participate regularly, although who knows about lurkers... So it's going to be hard to know (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Memberships - so many people I don't know

(...) Of course you can always step out of your "safe zone" periodically and check out groups/boards that you don't normally read. That way, you will have seized the opportunity to meet lots of people, rather than being passive and missing it. Just (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: LEGO books for "FREE"

Frustrate? I want to kiss your feet. Well not really, but you know what I mean. Thanks for saving me some coin. I can hardly wait to get the two small building books and as for the Mindstorms book, that will be WAY cool. Thanks again. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove?

I would say that any brick where one of those gizmos (I am NOT saying the name but John Neal knows what I mean, he usually catches me out and throws bricks hard enough to hurt) can get a grip is NOT in the "hardest piece" contest. Not even close. 2 (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Adventurers construction ideas

(...) Tracker and put on my train motor and made a funny looking train truck.Here is another idea a gas or steam generator. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Sharpened Images

(...) I tried copying the pictures and putting them up but no such luck. The A-wing pilot has a green suit and an open helmet that is yellow with writing on it. The helmet looks like the space blacktron helmets but no face shield. The B- wing pilot (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Memberships - so many people I don't know

I was just looking through the membership list and am astonished at the number of names listed that I am not familiar with. In fact, I don't know about 60% of the members. Which makes me wonder: In RTL, I can/could read who posted to any thread, (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lego In Chu?

Lego does have offices in Hong Kong, I don't know about the rest of China. Interestingly, there is a Chinese Lego rip-off that they sell in some of the dollar-stores here in Canada. The packaging (box shape and colours) is the same, the pieces are (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO books for "FREE"

Thanks for the correction Larry. I hope I did not frustrate too many people. =Hari= Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <383FECF5.A050031@vo...er.net>... (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  Black 4x12 plates for auction on eBay

Among the many Lego auctions I have on auction at eBay, one is: LEGO parts - 36 black 4x12 plate pieces (URL) auctions I put up today are: LEGO parts - 20 assorted 2x2x2 boxes LEGO parts - 24 small green baseplates LEGO parts - 250 blue roof pieces (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!

I would have to agree that the Insectoids are truly (in my humble opinion) NOT A REAL SPACE THEME!!! UFO although totally differently sculpted (I'm still a classical type of guy) and not too much to mt liking....is still a true Space theme!! (I (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove?

(...) That's why I have two pair of hemostats. They'll separate anything (although they can leave taletell imprints of the grips. (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove?

The hardest piece I have ever removed was a 2x3 plate from a one brick high basic baseplate. I actually had to resort to using my teeth, and I broke one of the brackets on my braces trying, cement and all. That was a few years ago, and I have since (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove?

(...) I agree. My nastiest separations involved 2 2x2s. -John (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Even more networking stuff

OK, So I finally got LNP to do something :) I have a very simple program on one rcx which sends out something to another rcx which the second rcx gets in. Its a good first step :) However being the difficult people we are we would like to be able to (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  FA(eBay): black medium slopes by type incl 1/2 pyramid, peak joiner

I pieced out a load of black roof brick service packs and here's the result. If you need a specific kind of roof brick, they are all here, including the missing 1/2 pyramid and peak joiner pices. Black medium slope 1x2 ½ pyramid, peak (gable) (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Opto isolator

Hi Tim, Try (URL) and (URL) seems to be a huge variety of MOC3x series optoisolators to choose from. You might be able to find a substitute for the MOC5003 or 4 that you're looking for. Good luck, (...) Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  WAMALUG Meeting Announcement (Dec 4 Build-a-thon)

WAMALUG Meeting Announcement (Dec 4 Build-a-thon) ...Hey all u people in the vicinity of Washington DC, the Washington Metro Area LEGO Users Group (WAMALUG) is hosting an All Day Build-a-thon/December Meeting on December 4th in Rosslyn, Va. The (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.trains.org)

  Opto isolator

Hi, I was wandering if anyone knew where I could get a MOC5003 or MOC5004 opto isolator. I tried looking on the motorola web site but could not find it. Does any one know where I coul something similiar to this that works the same way. TIM ___...___ (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove? Final Answer

(...) Try getting getting one of a 1x1 round plate :( My fingers absent-mindedly found this particular combination as I played with some pieces whilst reading Lugnet today! After the two space laser-gun things almost tore off my thumb-nail, I think (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

Shiri wrote in message ... (...) at (...) thousands (...) It (...) I'm 99.99% certain we didn't have any Playmobil. When did it start being sold in the US? Frank (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Looking for 9702 instructions

(...) Can you scan them onto a email and send them to me (I only need the one with the elevator)? (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.db.scans)

  Re: Remote Switches & GMLTC main lines

(...) was (...) *big snip* (...) for (...) either (...) Mike, I of the motorized remote switch camp. You make valid points on the merits of effective low cost pneumatic solutions, but my newer Technic motors haven't burned out yet, like the old (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Instructions for Sale

I have the following instruction books that I'd like to sell off. Let me know via e-mail if you're interested in any of these (or if you have any questions about them). They are: 6396 International Jetport 6274 Caribbean Clipper 6381 Motor Speedway (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  digital outputs

Hello everyone... I hav already connected a hc374 to Y0 of the expansion bus to get 8 digital outs, It works gr8. I need anouther 32 outputs which meens I need 4 more latch selects. Can I use Y1, Y2, Y3, Y4, and Y5 if needed? Y0 is used by (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Looking for 9702 instructions

Doh. LEGO still sells this set, so I can't provide scans after all. sorry. -Suz. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.db.scans)

  Shuttle  [DAT]

Hi guys, this is a Star Trek-Type Shuttle that can carry 10+ troops. If the DAT file doesn't work please don't get upset.:>) Mladen Pejic 1 0 120 -8 240 -3.33067e-015 0 -1 0 1 0 1 0 -3.33067e-015 2444.DAT 1 0 180 -8 120 -3.33067e-015 0 -1 0 1 0 1 0 (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: in Frankfurt next week?

Hi Mario, the toy shop your reffering to is at Konstabler Wache. This right in the city center/pedestrian zone. Can´t remember the name, but it belongs to the Vedes toystore chain. At the moment there are some really good offers for trains and for (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Hardest Piece to remove?

(...) it (...) Not so fast! I have some black 1x2 grilles that don't have that handy edge around the bottom. Will Visit the Lego Beach Fire and Rescue Service (URL) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Sharpened Images

The Brickshelf.com catalogue scans really aren't of a high enough quality to make out more than a green blur. -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman (URL) "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." Karl Martinson (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: in Frankfurt next week?

(...) wir (...) Hi Torsten, wie Kai schon gepostet: Bad Homburg. Langsam tut sich ja was hier in LUGNET.loc.de ! Was baust, sammelst Du denn so ? Hey Kai, schipper doch mal mit Bine im Read Beard Runner in den hohen Norden und wir haben das erste (...) (25 years ago, 28-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.de)

Skipped 12 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.statistics, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact