 Local / United Kingdom / 1913
Re: Unified UK Lego Web Page/Community?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 15:02:13 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Tony Priestman writes:

I was also wondering about starting to use the more local groups as
well, now that there are a few more of us.

Not so sure about that one, though.

I know what you mean ie. - in a proper sense, the Glasgow DK event should maybe
have been discussed in loc.uk.sc or even loc.uk.sc.gl But then as it is a
touring event, people planning to go to the other ones could have missed the
review of it afterwards - what to expect, what to look for, what to bring etc.
With the flat hierarchy they got that but also the gumph as we organised where
to meet etc!

What the web-page could do is have a hierarchy for each category (Events,
Shopping, People, etc), similar to <http://www.lugnet.com/loc/uk/> as on that
page you'll see *everything* on that tree - eg messages posted to loc.uk.sc.gl
as well as loc.uk.en.bl.ah . That way with one glance you could see all the
Event information for the uk, and with a click and a glance all the event
information for England.

Actually, don't try and picture this, I'll make some time over the next few
days and I'll get a mock-up on my site which should make it a lot clearer!

We will probably need to localise local discussion at some point in the future,
as it could swamp the important information. But although we don't *need* to do
it just now, it's probably not a bad idea planning for how we'll cope with it
in the future?

I'll try and explain in HTML..

Richard