 People / 258
Re: Memberships - so many people I don't know
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 22:02:06 GMT

Todd, have you ever calculated how many people read LUGNET articles
vs. how many post articles?  I.e. how many are lurking?

The rule of thumb that I've seen for most major mailing lists and
newsgroups is that 5-10% of the members actually post.  I'd guess
it's substantially higher than that here, but I'll bet there are
a lot of lurkers.  (Like me... it's a time thing.)

Some of those folks may also be getting memberships.  I plan to.

  -r'm