 General / 10872
Re: Lego In Chu?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 05:00:13 GMT

Lego does have offices in Hong Kong, I don't know about the rest of China.

Interestingly, there is a Chinese Lego rip-off that they sell in some of the
dollar-stores here in Canada.  The packaging (box shape and colours) is the
same, the pieces are the same, the themes are the same (Adventurers, etc.).
The logo is different, it looks kind of like the Lego logo but has Chinese
writing.  It almost fools you until you open the box and see how cheap and
dull the pieces look compared to real Lego.

--

Paul Davidson, aka Tinman
   http://theForce.net

Jamie Obrien <jamien@interworx.com.au> wrote in message
Hi, does anybody know if TLG have gone into China yet? I would have
thought this would have been a great move (Even with the Evil Ones
McD's). However iu guess this could weaken the US Power in TLG if TLG
started up building and selling there. It would propably cost a lot
less as well!

BTW are we allowed to sell/buy from China? Saw something about this
regarding China/Libya/Iran (haven't done Libya yet) and trade from
various TLG zones.

Jamie Obrien
jamien@interworx.com.au