 General / 10900
Re: Lego In Chu?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 03:28:00 GMT

You might do a search for Shifty.  There was a scan and some images posted
on line a few months ago by someone.  I don't remember if it was here on
Lugnet or RTL.

Tom

"Nephilim" <jthompson@esker.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Kevin Wilson writes:
Paul Davidson wrote:

Interestingly, there is a Chinese Lego rip-off that they sell in some of • the
dollar-stores here in Canada.  The packaging (box shape and colours) is • the
same, the pieces are the same, the themes are the same (Adventurers, • etc.).

Yep, I've seen those too. The name on the box is rather appropriate:
"SHIFTY". The box art is not just like Lego, it *is* the Lego art for
those sets: sometimes you can even see the lego logo in the pieces in
the picture. I bought one a while back intending to send it to Lego and
bring their attention to it (clones are OK, direct ripoffs are not) but
haven't got around to it yet.

Kevin

Do you have a scanner?  I think the LEGO community would be interested in
seeing this -- clones are always of interest, and a direct rip-off like
that would be, too.   If you put pictures of the sets up on the web, they
could be forwarded to LEGO.

--

jthompson@esker.com    "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"