  *76241 (-100)
  Re: LTMA vs NMRA

(...) (Subliminal suggestion: Denver 2000, Denver 2000, Denver 2000...) Why did I want to be a part of the NMRA? Other (...) Now that you mention it, I agree! They have very little to offer us. They have a huge knowledge database on model (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  RE: Announcing an extra Q4 BayLUG meeting!

Zonker, I was planning on being there with a bunch of town and classic space stuff. But I was planning on being at the Newark meeting as well so if you cancel November I'll simply have to go through withdraw and wait a month. Janet -----Original (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: Announcing an extra Q4 BayLUG meeting!

Sorry Zonker, We're booked at the Outlaws 'till Sunday. The following weekend is a no-go too. If it looks bad for the 27th, cancel soon so as to not piss off the Library people. It is the best place I know of for us, and would like to be welcomed (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Lego train club for the Saint Louis area?

(...) the (...) Also (...) honest. I hope there are quite a few that are just lurking! I agree that we are all spread out here in the midwest. Perhaps if we went with the standardized module thing we could make something work for all? That way every (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan)

  Re: Announcing an extra Q4 BayLUG meeting!

Well, it looks like there may not be anyone but ME on Saturday at the LEGO meeting in Fremont. :-( So, is there anyone who WILL be there this weekend? :-) My plan is to submit myself to the horrors of travel on a holiday weekend to get back to the (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Lego train club for the Saint Louis area?

(...) way (...) date, (...) place (...) I understand the prior approval thing. Fortunately, my signifigant other (not married yet, however it will happen sooner or later) is very understanding about all of my 'crazy' hobbies. :) I am very fortunate. (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Radio shack basic electronics book

That's too bad. I hate it when companies don't bother with international orders. It's near sited of them. I'd like to recommend Digi-key for parts. They have a huge selection (no books though). The prices aren't bad either, considering the amount of (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Looking for Tractor site

(...) I thought the same thing. You are the man, Joe{:^D -John (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is 6097 Night Lords Castle worth it

(...) up (...) I'm actually dying for green dragons but haven't got around buying the witch windship yet (if at all). -Shiri (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is 6097 Night Lords Castle worth it

(...) I definitely agree. I just bought the castle at the same price at KB in the Natick Mall, and I like it a lot. I mean, I wouldn't say it's the coolest set I've ever seen, but it does have all those cool stuff Jeff mentioned. And if you'd ever (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 18" Ronald McDonald

(...) Nope. It's a neat idea, though. Unfortunately, I'm quite certain that preassembled=glued. I can't see as how any Lego fans would be too interested in that. James (URL) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: I need a Propeller

Hi Bob, << There is a 3 inch prop in Set #8412, but it does not move a lot of air>> Do you think it's the same as in #8215? <<I was going to send a picture to you, but I could not get through your "spamtrap".>> Sorry. Actually, it's a valid e-mail (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  LTMA vs NMRA

There is a lot of debate going on right now about the perceived future of LEGO trains. Many fear TLC will abandon the theme and that they will be left high and dry. Some fear that those fearing the demise of the theme will bring in non-LEGO elements (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: It's not my "Dark Ages" but what is it?

(...) Modeling a prototype already in existence, or constructing a prototype itself? (...) You may. But do remember that you didn't author that ;-) (...) Are you admitting then to being "not original" when it comes to Lego building? ;-) I admit I'm (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO trains...The Future of Model Railroading?

<Much Snipping> (...) is (...) buy (...) This also is on the slippery slope but... with apologies to Brain Williams The line on non-Lego parts to me has always been two criteria. a) Is it close enough to an accessory that it's not a specialty of (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Radio shack basic electronics book

The store nearest me has staff that are electronics buffs themselves and yes, they can advise you on circuit design. -Wes (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Is 6097 Night Lords Castle worth it

[snip] (...) Where did you find *that*? Please, share! :-) Shiri, who was just considering buying the ninja castle for $72 (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Radio shack basic electronics book

The book is catalog #62-5003, cost is $4.99US. If you'd like I can buy a copy for you and ship it. Sorry about the assumption you has a store nearby - they are literally everyplace here. Probably only one store is more frequent - McDonalds. Paul (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Homer Simpson, Master Builder

(...) I'll bow down to superior knowledge and throw small Lego bricks in your path. Actually, maybe not, as they tend to hurt a little bit more than rose petals :) Thanks for setting me straight! Richard (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: CFD: Subgroups for lugnet.org.us & lugnet.trains.org

(...) Say, Eric, how do you maintain NELUG's member list? (Add new people's names, keep track of their email addresses, list their websites, etc.) It just occurred to me when I saw this page, (URL) LUGNET could help automate some of those sorts of (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.org.us)

  Re: What is the exact meaning of MIB?

(...) Just to be clear, you mean that the government should not have the right to make it illegal for you to not wear your seatbelt, not that the government should not be able to deny you medical aid should you choose to not wear it and suffer an (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Radio shack basic electronics book

(...) Yes, but: are they busy with electronics buffs, or joe lambda consumers buying a walkman or a stereo ? Can the personnel advise you about the diode you need in a particular circuit ? Cheers, --Jonathan (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Clone DATs--any interest?

(...) Though there might be some interest in them, I don't think they should be sanctioned officially from Lugnet or ldraw.org. (...) Agreed. (...) I think that anyone who wants to distribute clone parts should do them on their own personal web (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Radio shack basic electronics book

I live in Los Angeles and we have two Radio Shack Stores within walking distance. They are busy all the time. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Perret" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:033f01bf3606$1b...able.fr... (...) (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Trans-Orange Plate Sizes

I think of it in set 493, which came with two of them, and 483, which came with one. If later sets had the 6x8 amber plate (and they probably did), I missed out on those. (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Homebrew rotation sensor idea

I'd also suspect this, having worked at a company that manufactured optical encoders, most of these things are sinusoidal. That is far from a bad thing though. If you build two of these and get them 90 degrees apart so you are seeing both a sine and (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) Actually, you can get the lights to project pretty far by placing one of those silver headlight dishes around the light bulb. This works great for the light on the front of a steam train. --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  18" Ronald McDonald

Yesterday I was talking to a manager at one McDonalds who mentioned that you can actually *buy* the 18" high Ronald McDonald models that are one of the prizes. While as a prize it is valued as $25, to purchase it costs $55. It is preassembled. You (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.promo)

  NorthWestfest reminder etc.

First, it may be worth your while taking another quick look at (URL) Now, listen verry carrefully, I weel say zis only wurnce: In case anyone is having problems reading the graphics on the web page, my address is: 11, Smithy Walk Wheelock Sandbach. (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: LEGO trains...The Future of Model Railroading?

(...) Agreed. (...) Perhaps, but somehow I find decals an excusable exception. They have so many applications <sorry> other than trains. Think Joe Davenport and his farm, etc things. I don't think that they lesson the purity concept in the same way (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More Questions from Another Train Newbie

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999, Larry Pieniazek (<383ABCCC.767908F9@...ager.net>) wrote at 16:11:56 (...) And nickel oxide conducts electricity :-) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What's the biggest/best spare piece you ever got in a set?

(...) So far it has happened with 3 of my sets :) Julie (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Wireless Robots

I'm not : ) The laptop gets the ethernet card and it in turn interfaces with the RCX... Vlad Dumitrescu wrote in message ... (...) a (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Radio shack basic electronics book

(...) radioshack.ca Canada doesn't ship outside Canada. I couldn't find the book in the catalog at radioshack.com - I must be dumb but I couldn't find how to make a search in the catalog so I had to look at the list of the 161 available books and (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: I need a Propeller

There is a 3 inch prop in Set #8412, but it does not move a lot of air. I was going to send a picture to you, but I could not get through your "spamtrap". -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Elsner" <spamtrap02@lowpoly.com> wrote in (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Looking for Tractor site

Thanks, Jeff. Joe (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Adventures of the Legoland Coast Guard Cutter

Ahh... If Lego only would make more types of pieces, I wouldn't have to work as hard. ;-) Thanks, Joe (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Lego e marketing (era: LEGO da Mc'Donald??????)

Ciao Domenico, (...) Non saprei, pero' credo che sia in atto un'azione di marketing per il Natale. E non sempre corretta. Prova a comprare il numero di "Le Scienze" di Novembre: c'e' un articolo a pag. 96 intitolato "Una macchina che parla", in cui (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Adventures of the Legoland Coast Guard Cutter

Hi Jacob, The Platesville originally did not have a helicopter. But with the rash of boat sinkings, plane crashes, and illegal activity occurring on the high seas in Legoland, it was deemed necessary to add a chopper to the ships arsenal of rescue (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Adventures of the Legoland Coast Guard Cutter

Hi Erin, The 'water' was just a piece of blue poster board over which I placed a 2' x 4' fluorescent light panel. There are several styles of panels available, but the pebbled finish looks the best for Lego boats. It's the same water I used when (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: DCP sensors

I got the Fisher Scientific Education Catalog today. They have the sensors from DCP for the LogIT data logger. There are about 25 different sensors. Here are prices for some the sensors: Air Pressure $169 Conductivity $299 Student Force $119 Light (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Adventures of the Legoland Coast Guard Cutter

Hi Hari, Thanks. For the flying shots, I just used a piece of fishing line strategically placed to balance the model in the proper position. I tried to adjust the lighting so the line wouldn't reflect in the picture. Some turned out great, but in (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Review: " The Unofficial Guide to LEGO MindStorms Robots"

I was given a book called "The Unofficial Guide to LEGO MindStorms Robots". The book is published by O'Reilly and authored by Jonathan B. Knudsen. (URL) (click on "Book serialization") As I started to make my way through the introduction and the (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: I need a Propeller

Hi Dave, I'll take a non Lego part only as a last resort, especially with this project. I think I'll get the Mini-Heli and do some tests. Looks very much like the propellers I got with my Cox engines some time ago. Gearing two old-style technic (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  What's the biggest/best spare piece you ever got in a set?

I just opened a 1761 Paradisa Motorboat (completely sealed) and got a spare pink 1x6 plate, easily the biggest spare piece I've ever got, and in an unusual colour, which makes it even better! Hopefully this happens a lot with this set, so you could (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Radio shack basic electronics book

Radio Shack Canada has an online store ( (URL) ). I found some basic electronic books you may want to order. I'm not sure if they're set up to deliver to France, but I don't see why not, if you paid the shipping. (They even have a French language (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Selflearning Scout robot

Hi Mario, Yes, you did prove me wrong, and I promised to put a link to your robot on my site. But then my harddrive crashed and I lost all my mail, including your address. But I'll live up to my promise and add you right now! This particular (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO for Life Sweepstakes

(...) worked for me, woo hoo! 10+ sets, ha. (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: visual basic simple question?

You should 'set sensor' only once, and thus take it outside the polling loop. I have working axamples of VB code on my website, you might want to take a look at 'data collection' in my Cybermaster section. CU Bert Lego robots and artificial (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LEGO for Life Sweepstakes

I just tried this and it didn't work! :-( It replied "Forbidden: can't access 'cgi-bin/somethingorother'". What happened. Is LegoCo's page broken? Or do I need to try this again from a different PC? Thanks. Franklin (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO trains...The Future of Model Railroading?

(...) 500? 500 kits for some of the UK manufacturers would be a massive run! Lockley only built something in the order of 500 coaches in 50 years! (admitidly, that is building, not kit) But still, that level is much higher than what it takes if (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO Outlet store - NOTICE!

(...) Wow, I had no idea that I scored 1/8th of the total supply! Will P.S. To everyone that I bought the 2126's for, they are on their way! (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO for Life Sweepstakes

Steve Bliss wrote: [snip] (...) So call me slow, but I just found this on the parent's section of the TLC website. I think all of us childfree AFOL's ought to enter, and to underscore our CF-ness, put "don't have any" in the "First Child's Name" (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Question About Visiting Carlsbad Legoland

(...) It's about an hour, depending on traffic. Just take Interstate 5 south for about 50-60 miles. (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Question About Visiting Carlsbad Legoland

(...) It is about an hour or so South of Santa Ana (depends on the day). Just hop on the 5 Frw South and watch for the signs. The store (called the Big Store) is inside the park. You should visit their WEB site (link is on the regular LEGO WEB site) (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: Adventures of the Legoland Coast Guard Cutter

(...) built a model where all the pieces were right-side up without any innovations? :) --Bram (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx

(...) Aaargh ! I hate it when I read 'just go to Radio Shack'. For me it would involve several thousand kilometers. Here in France electronics/parts shops are hard to come by, and there is definitely not a single brand that is as ubiquitous as Radio (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: More Questions from Another Train Newbie

(...) No, because the curves don't mount to the baseplates. James P (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: More Questions from Another Train Newbie

(...) If the controllers are set to the same "notch" (there are only 5 speed levels each direction on a lego controller) then the train will not really speed up or slow down much. I usually just set the 2 throttles to about the right level, and let (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Promo link

(...) Ah, good idea -- OK, it's there... --Todd (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: LEGO Outlet store - Buffie Rules!

I too called and spoke to Buffie. She has to be one of the nicest people I've ever spoken too! I reserved the last 2126. I hope she can pull this off! Is there a chance of any of you local folks getting a more comprehensive list of what they have (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx

(...) I can't speak about LegOS, but I thought this about FORTH too, and it aint so. Once you get over the syntax it’s a straightforward procedural language. Jonathan Knudsen’s book has a good chapter on it that I found very helpful in getting (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: CFD: Subgroups for lugnet.org.us & lugnet.trains.org

(...) So anyone can still subscribe, snoop through the archives, then unsubscribe on a whim...? That's not private. --Todd (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.org.us)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) I'm using the larger battery box. I haven't tried multple boxes yet, mostly because I haven't dug up 6 spare batteries yet. I will try it when I get a chance, and let people know the result. James (URL) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More Questions from Another Train Newbie

(...) Steve don't forget that you are going to have two section of track that will be separated in this fashion so the two gaps should 'even out' in the end and you should not have this problem you are talking about. At least that is the case in my (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train club for the Saint Louis area?

We need a name. Andreas Stabno named "Heart of America LTC" or Greater Saint Louis Area Lego Train Club, Missouri Lego Train Club or to get non train fans Greater Saint Louis Area Lego Club, Missouri Lego Train Club. Any other ideas, and do we need (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, lugnet.trains)

  FS: 4558 Metroliner

Hi, I have a 4558 Metroliner to sell. Conditions are the following: set is factory sealed, box is perfect, brand new. I will sell it to the best offer over $300; this is NOT an auction, I won't update this post anymore with the results. This is a (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: The embossed Lego logo

(...) Very cool--I'll try it out when I get home. Thanks for your help! Dave! (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: copier. (datsville press - copier.dat )

(...) (URL) I think not. I know that imitation is the highest form of flattery, but please give some credit... --Bram (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) so (...) Well, here's a question for you: what kind of box is it? Is it the 4x8?x2? battery box with the single grey button (runs off 1 9v battery), or the 4x12?x3? battery box w/ 2 buttons (runs off 6 AA batteries)? I think (if memory serves) (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  DK event (Sheffield) (new thread)

Just an update about the LEGO event in Sheffield for anyone near. It is at Launch Pad, a childrens bookshop in the Meadowhall shopping centre, on Thursday 25th November - 18.00 until 19.30 Tel 0114 256 8444 for further details. As an aside, I (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Gathering after Thanksgiving

Anyone interested in gathering either Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving? I'd consider driving as far as Charlotte if there was interest. (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc.dur)

  Re: LEGO Outlet store - NOTICE!

I called the store just now and it is true--Buffie has a really winning attitude. She is working out UPS account details right now. I asked to reserve a pair of train cars, 2126. There were only 4 left out of 200! She asked if I wanted anything (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: visual basic simple question?

thanks Michael, that sorted the problem (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Announcing an extra Q4 BayLUG meeting!

I won't be making the 11/27 meeting either, I forgot I'll be in SoCal this week. I don't know if I'll have time for the 12/4 meeting either. Dang. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) I'm not sure if that's what I'm running into or not. My lights are rather buried in my castle, and I can't say I'm willing to dig them out right now. I am running (if memory serves correctly) 8 or 9 lights off one box, and 4 of those are the (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The embossed Lego logo

Dave Schuler: (...) If you choose the maximum quality setting in l3p you should get the LEGO logo on the studs. Play well, Jacob ---...--- -- E-mail: sparre@cats.nbi.dk -- -- Web...: <URL:(URL) -- ---...--- (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Question About Visiting Carlsbad Legoland

I have a question for anyone who can help. I will be on a business trip to Santa Ana, CA in early December and would love to go to Legoland. How far is it from Santa Ana? Can I just go visit their Lego store and not go into the park? Thanks, Glen T. (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.legoland.california)

  Re: RCX --> miniBoard(was: lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx)

You all may think that I'm nuts, but I've kinda had a pipe dream for a while about putting a basic 32 bit CPU in the RCX enclosure. Something like a Motorola 68k or ColdFire. Lots and lots of tools out there for 32 bit micros! Heck, if money were no (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Lego logo

(...) Io invece un piccolo frame ce lo metterei proprio, come indice e rappresentazione della struttura del sito. Neanche io amo i frames come concetto, e non mi piacciono gli eccessi, però la comodità c'è. Marco, se non sai usare i frames, ti posso (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Promo link

(...) Yes, please! I was searching for it a couple of days ago and couldn't find it... eric (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: lack of interest in basic stamp and basicx

(...) Let me give you my reasons: right now, legOS is difficult to set up and get running (at least 0.2.2 from W98), while I experience Forth a little "strange" yet (= a totaly different metaphor, it takes time to adjust to it). Adding to that, it (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Multiple legOS problems

What is going on? I am trying to get the legOS firmware downloaded to my RCX using the firmdl3 command, but I get erratic and varying responses from "bad ir link" to "firmdl3: delete firmware failed". Every time is different, but none of them work. (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: visual basic simple question?

mike mcfarlane <mike.mcfarlane@virgin.net> wrote in message news:FLo2JH.GwJ@lugnet.com... (...) try (...) zero (...) mode. (...) I think your problem is that the RCX zeros the sensor when you execute the SetSensorType even if it is already that (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Need Horse Trappings from Knight's Challenge

(...) They are worth every penny of the reserve price, I know I paid more than the reserve I am asking. :-) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Promo link

Todd, How about adding a link to Huw's promo site to the lugnet.promo web page? -John Van (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.promo, lugnet.admin.general)

  WTB: 2X4 Bricks ANY color excellent condition.

Hello I need a lot of 2x4 bricks in any color as long as they are in new condition. please E-mail offers and price. I dont know for sure what they would be worth so E-mail offers. Doyle (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  The embossed Lego logo

On some POV-ray Lego images I've seen the Lego logo rendered on each stud; forgive a potentially simple question, but how is this done? I expect I'm missing something fairly basic, but my renderings show only smooth, flat studs. Any suggestions? (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: varie ed eventuali

marco berti ha scritto: (...) Fanno un po' di spots in TV (Fininvest, credo), e i media hanno cominciato a parlarne... (...) Hanno sempre gli agganci magnetici, calamite strutturate in modo da permettere l'aggancio fra due vagoni qualunque, senza (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: LEGO trains...The Future of Model Railroading?

(...) Larry writes: (...) Oh come off it Larry! I'm getting so sick of this stupid argument. Hmmm, let's see, you say using decals is totally wrong but using string and tubing is fine because lego makes it. Well gee Larry, explain to me why every (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is the exact meaning of MIB?

(...) I agree that it should be the prerogative of the insurance carrier to stipulate such things, but definitely not the government. (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  9 Train Lots on ebay

(URL) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  HUGHE AUCTION ON EBAY - UPDATE!!!...!!!

hallo to all lego collectors around the world: I do have following very desirable sets , of course mint in unopened box up for auction on EBAY: MODELTEAM: LEGO MODEL TEAM 5580 MISB - HUGHE WOW !!!!!!! 150$ LEGO MODEL TEAM 5541 MISB - HUGHE WOW (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  visual basic simple question?

Hi All I'm struggling with VB and spirit.ocx. I've enclosed the VB code below, but the problem I have is that whenever I try to poll the angle sensor, the value on the RCX resets to zero. Hence a zero reading, even if I am turning the angle sensor. (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  MEANING OF MINT IN SEALED BOX

Mint in sealed box is in my opninion the achievement of perfection in collecting lego. It is men's nature to go for perfection. For instance, people who're collecting stamps are trying to have them unused. The values of them are also far more higher (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  varie ed eventuali

Ogni tanto scorro anche gli altri newsgroup e ... non siamo poi cosi' male :) anzi ... Anch'io ho ricevuto delle e-mail riguardo al Mindstorm: ma dov'e che hanno fatto pubblicita'? Qualcuno ha visto mai in giro per l'italia i set Model Team degli (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  20% off at kbkids.com is back

20% off at (URL) is back. And as always, check (URL) for coupons. Happy Shopping, -mark (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Cannot access the LEGO trains web page

(...) you can EMAIL Lego????, How, where, did I miss something? (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  WTB/WTT for an Expert Builder square piston.

Anyone have one they could spare to sell or trade?? Thanks! Eric (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  FA: Idea Book #260 & Technic Book #8891

Hi, We have both the 260 Lego Idea Book and the 8891 Technic Idea Book for auction. Please check them out at: (URL) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

Skipped 2 messages in group lugnet.off-topic.fun (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact