 Robotics / 8484
Re: I need a Propeller
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 22:27:13 GMT

Hi Dave,

I'll take a non Lego part only as a last resort, especially with this
project. I think I'll get the Mini-Heli and do some tests. Looks very much
like the propellers I got with my Cox engines some time ago. Gearing two
old-style technic motors up should get me into the 5 digit RPM range (don't
know if they have enough power for that).

Thanks,
Stefan

dave madden <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
If you're not a LEGO(r) purist, then I'd suggest a model airplane
prop.  You can get many different diameters and pitches, and they're
specifically designed to move as much air as possible.  (Or more
likely designed for that purpose than LEGO(r) propellers! :-)  I'd
guess that you could easily drill out the hole and epoxy in a
half-bushing for a clean solution.

d.